[Mini Guide] How to Calibrate Battery After New ROM Install

nate44

Feb 1, 2011
Visit site
This is suggested to be done after EVERY new ROM or kernel install if you want better battery life and more accurate percentage readings on your Bolt!

'Bump Charging'
I'm sure many of you already know or have heard about this before. While it can be a pain in the a** sometimes, it has been proven to be effective. For those not familiar with this method, here's how it's done:

1.) Charge while powered on until the charge light changes to green.

2.) Unplug, then Power Off your Bolt. Insert charger and allow to charge until you get a green light again. (This may take awhile so be patient.)

3.) Disconnect for a moment, then insert back charger and wait for green light. Then Disconnect when light turns green. (This can be done multiple times, each instance resulting in a more 'fuller' charge).

4.) Power back on and let the ROM load and settle for a minute or so, then connect charger until green once again.

5.) Upon seeing the green light, Disconnect and Reconnect immediately. The green light should come back on within a few seconds. If it does not, repeat until the green light shows almost instantly.

6.) Then you'll need to wipe the battery stats. Download and install the Battery Calibration app from the market. It's free and really easy to use. Open the app, and by now you should be at 100% charge. If not wait until you are and click on 'Battery Calibration" Then unplug phone.

7.) Now you're not done yet. ;) You will need to complete a full battery cycle in order for the ROM to properly build the new battery stats. Meaning, you will have to run until the battery dies, and then plug back in until 100% capacity

I know this seems like a lot of work, but it's totally worth the effort. I also recommend using the 2X Battery app in conjuction with a regular calibration.

I hope this guide will help a lot of you out there struggling with poor battery life. I know it has helped me! Good luck and happy flashing! :)

Reference:

Your battery gauge is lying to you (and it's not such a bad thing) - xda-developers

Last edited:

rcmarks314

Jul 13, 2011
Visit site
Sounds a lot like the thread under the BAMF forums.
Sense 3 ROMs [FAQ] [GENERAL HELP] Battery Calibration and Improving Battery Life
There's 16 pages of Q&A there to help anyone out on these matters. CharlesTheMan has much good info there.
But to answer some of the questions here. 1 You shouldn't try to drain as fast as possible use it as you normally would. 2 This method should work on any phone. Also you should go through 2 or 3 cycles not just one after resetting your battery stats. Cycle meaning full drain after resetting battery stats (yes until phone goes dead) full charge then full drain. HTH

Last edited:

elindquist1

Jul 7, 2011
Visit site
Can I use my phone during this process or does it have to sit with the Battery Calibration App running? I am sitting here listening to Pandora right now.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Robbyworkman1995