BootLoader Lock help TBolt

jpoy808

Dec 7, 2010
Visit site
installed latest gb from android police AndroidPolice_PG05IMG_Mecha_2.11.605.3.zip installed smoothly but tried to hard boot I get boot loader LOCKED in pink on the top screen , mecha xd ship s-on, hboot-1.05.0000 radio-1.48.00.0906w_1 , emmc-boot jul 19 2011, any way to unlock, can't flash in hboot tries to read pg05img.zip then nothing happens

fatboy97

Aug 10, 2010
Visit site
I'm not familiar with this, but are you sure you PG05IMG.zip file is named that??? By that I mean most PC's by default are setup to NOT see the file extensions like zip, and if you rename a file you might actually not be naming it correctly... you will need to put the SD card into a card reader slot on your PC or an adapter... then right click on the file and select Properties, make sure the file name is PG05IMG.zip and NOT PG05IMG.zip.zip

And why are you doing this and not just getting the OTA to upgrade your ROM... you are not rooted???

jpoy808

Dec 7, 2010
Visit site
was on s off was already rooted, installed successfully throught bootloader, after it checked the zip file it rebooted then bam hboot was locked in pink at the top then it contiuned installing as usually

fatboy97

Aug 10, 2010
Visit site
was on s off was already rooted, installed successfully throught bootloader, after it checked the zip file it rebooted then bam hboot was locked in pink at the top then it contiuned installing as usually

So you are saying it worked? What is your current status? Do you need help?

spartanguy81

Feb 24, 2011
Visit site
So you are saying it worked? What is your current status? Do you need help?

If he was already rooted he should have installed a rooted version of 605.3, but he didn't. Installed the original ruu which removed his root. All he has to do is re root.

Not sure what it looks like to everyone else, but when I go to Android police's 605.3 page there is a large red box: Using this RUU will wipe all data on your device! Please make a backup of all sensitive data before proceeding. Similarly, you will lose root if you flash this. It is unclear right now whether or not this version is easily rootable. Proceed with caution!

This ruu is root able with revolutionary though, so easy fix.

Last edited:

wildman

Jul 9, 2010
Visit site
Did you verify the RUU MD5 size because I have noticed that the one posted a AndroidPolice does not match the md5 listed which usually means a issue with the file, I have brought this up on a couple of post but for some reason no one is checking this and verified the status of the file.

spartanguy81

Feb 24, 2011
Visit site
Did you verify the RUU MD5 size because I have noticed that the one posted a AndroidPolice does not match the md5 listed which usually means a issue with the file, I have brought this up on a couple of post but for some reason no one is checking this and verified the status of the file.

I think this got fixed awhile ago.

jpoy808

Dec 7, 2010
Visit site
current status is software # 2.11.605.3 bootloader is locked in pink, can't downgrade, revolutionary root does not work it detects phone but when it reboot is bootloader it is locked, and the root process says losts communication with phone. phone still works has connections and get receive and dail calls. but bootloader is locked!!!!!!!!!!!!

wildman

Jul 9, 2010
Visit site
the ruu passed the md5 check verified it ran throught hboot then got a locked bootloader

hboot does not verify the md5, if it did then you couldn't flash a corrupted file and brick the device... but if you say it verified that's good but I still think this could be your bug because it does not match what the developer says the md5 should be..

I can tell you this I have experienced the bootloader being locked and resolved it with installing the RUU_Mecha_GINGERBREAD_S_VERIZON_WWE_2.11.605.0_Rad io_0.01.78.0802w_3_NV_8K_1.41_9K_1.64_release_2108 41_signed.exe through the PC, download the file and run from PC and follow the instructions.

I am unsure it will work before you are on a newer build but it is worth a try..