[GUIDE] How To Root/Unroot The Thunderbolt with Revolutionary

davidsnoodles

Apr 30, 2010
Visit site
If I rooted my phone using another method, and for some reason, let's say for warranty reasons, I needed to unroot my phone, could I unroot my phone through this? That is, when you post the guide for unrooting...

HurrNick

Sep 30, 2011
Visit site
So I unrooted my phone with the tutorial and everything went great! The only problem I might have is towards the very end. At the end of the unroot video that it is with associated on youtube (just like the how to root one), it shows the S-ON and everything, and that is fine. The only thing that is different is the end numbers of the radios.

In the video, the radio is: 1.16.00.040w_1

On my phone, the radio is: 1.39.00.0627r

Does this matter at all or am I just paranoid?

Also, when the OTA GB does come available again (whenever that may be haha), I will be able to update right? I know that Verizon pulled GB because of the voicemail bug, so I am running Froyo 2.2.1 currently.

Cyber Warrior

Robots Will Kill
Nov 28, 2010
Visit site
So I unrooted my phone with the tutorial and everything went great! The only problem I might have is towards the very end. At the end of the unroot video that it is with associated on youtube (just like the how to root one), it shows the S-ON and everything, and that is fine. The only thing that is different is the end numbers of the radios.

In the video, the radio is: 1.16.00.040w_1

On my phone, the radio is: 1.39.00.0627r

Does this matter at all or am I just paranoid?

Also, when the OTA GB does come available again (whenever that may be haha), I will be able to update right? I know that Verizon pulled GB because of the voicemail bug, so I am running Froyo 2.2.1 currently.
No... you're fine. The video is showing the MR1 Radio. You're on MR2... exactly where you should be until you get the GB update... and yes, you will receive OTA's.

rcmarks314

Jul 13, 2011
Visit site
Thanks Cyber! Revolutionary was so easy I couldn't flash a ROM for a full day after rooting. I was too busy kicking myself for not doing it sooner.

wildman

Jul 9, 2010
Visit site
Nicely done CW.... I always love how when you look at the instructions wrote down it seem like a bit much but the process is so easy its scary...

Great Work... Thanks

Cyber Warrior

Robots Will Kill
Nov 28, 2010
Visit site
Nicely done CW.... I always love how when you look at the instructions wrote down it seem like a bit much but the process is so easy its scary...

Great Work... Thanks

I know... thanks. I haven't tried Revolutionary yet but when I was writing up the guide it felt a little overwhelming.. After reading everything for the 3rd time it all sounds second nature now including the unroot process. You're right though... it is very simple. Like you said, when everything is written down it looks like a lot of work.

dhedrick

Apr 9, 2010
Visit site
Everything worked for me through getting s-off, but when I go into bootloader and I am supposed to press volume down to select the recovery option, nothing happens - does anyone have any suggestions?

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dominic Haar