Gingerbread SMS Timestamp issues

dbornack

Sep 2, 2010
Visit site
Obviously most of us are aware of this issue..

But what I'm NOT aware of, is where the problem lies. Is it GB? Is it Sense? I'm on a Gingerbread ROM with Sense 2.1 and don't have the issue. But when I flash ROMs that have Sense 3.0/3.5, I run back into the issue again.

Is there a fix in the code for this yet? I'm not going to run an app in the background that band-aids this issue.

I'd like to start using some Sense 3.x ROMs, as they're kick-ass, but, I don't want this issue.

Any info would be appreciated.

Thanks all!

fatboy97

Aug 10, 2010
Visit site
I'm not aware of that issue, nor have I ever seen it... I've been using mostly all the latest Sense ROM's and have not used any old Sense 2.1 ROMs, and have not seen it.

project.in.process

May 18, 2010
Visit site
Obviously most of us are aware of this issue..

But what I'm NOT aware of, is where the problem lies. Is it GB? Is it Sense? I'm on a Gingerbread ROM with Sense 2.1 and don't have the issue. But when I flash ROMs that have Sense 3.0/3.5, I run back into the issue again.

Is there a fix in the code for this yet? I'm not going to run an app in the background that band-aids this issue.

I'd like to start using some Sense 3.x ROMs, as they're kick-ass, but, I don't want this issue.

Any info would be appreciated.

Thanks all!

had the issue once--ran the fixer app, never noticed it again on any other ROMs i've flashed (b/c i always reinstall that app).
like you said--i run an app in the background (SMS Timefix--icon=bandaid) that fixes it. never have to open it, does it automatically w/o me needing to run it.
just one more thing to patch (one time) and it's golden. issue isn't worth staying away from 3.0 ROMs just b/c of it, though (imho)

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dawsonnathalie