borderpatrol87

Oct 10, 2011
Visit site
I have a quick question.
I just got a T-Bolt after having Blackberrys for 4 years. I was wondering why root with gingerbread out now? I have an ipod touch that I jailbroke so it would be usable, and ive used linux long enough to know the advantages and risks of a root user privileges. However when I googled why root? All of the benefits listed have been included with 2.1 - 2.3.

Thanks!

anon(79257)

Oct 31, 2010
Visit site
I'd rather have competent devs fixing my OS, rather than incompetent mfg's or cell providers. Plain and simple. If you live with the OTA's, you let them gamble with your phone's stability and usefulness.

Pass.

dontlookatme

Oct 8, 2011
Visit site
Its funny Cus I rooted the Droid up until 2.2 and I left it as is. Never rooted the Droid x, until I needed hotspot. And now I have tbolt and pay extra for hotspot but I'm ok. Still no root. Cus every thing is good for me. Some people want more out of their devices. But me.... Every thing I need is already here with my tbolt on 2.2.

anon(79257)

Oct 31, 2010
Visit site
Its funny Cus I rooted the Droid up until 2.2 and I left it as is. Never rooted the Droid x, until I needed hotspot. And now I have tbolt and pay extra for hotspot but I'm ok. Still no root. Cus every thing is good for me. Some people want more out of their devices. But me.... Every thing I need is already here with my tbolt on 2.2.

Until they force an OTA, on you, that breaks some functionality of your phone. Sure. You're fine.

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DragnDon