Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree2Likes
  • 2 Post By jd07bos
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    178 Global Posts
    ROM
    Jelly bean :)

Default BAMF or stable CM?

i narrowed down my choices to these two and i want to know which of these is better and stable overall? i dont want nice new features if it means that i wont be able to answer a call half the time or lose my gps or 4g capabilities.

any help will be appreciated
    Retired Moderator

Global Posts
    6,394 Global Posts
    ROM
    NOS M7 Sense 5.0

Default Re: BAMF or stable CM?

It has been some time since OI have run CM7 but from what I remember both ROMs were very stable and I had no issues with either. I have had the problem with the answer a call issue with BAMF but most versions have fixes. I think it comes down to having Sense or not, I would recommend trying both and make a backup of each and then you decide. IMO you have the top 2 so you can't really go wrong

ROM
    stock, for now...

Yeah, this is really just a sense or stock Android question. I like sense and use a lot of the widgets...NFL mobile and my Verizon are nice bonuses if you use them.

Bamf forever.
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

Global Posts
    178 Global Posts
    ROM

yeah ill go with Bamf then. i had CM on my og droid so ill stick with sense.

so can i download 1.0.7 and use rom manager to wipe and install without going to recovery? i feel safer doing it through rom manager :/

ROM
    The ROM of the day...LOL

Quote Originally Posted by edwinc8811 View Post
    yeah ill go with Bamf then. i had CM on my og droid so ill stick with sense.

so can i download 1.0.7 and use rom manager to wipe and install without going to recovery? i feel safer doing it through rom manager :/
    That is the way I do it. Keep in mind that if you are running Gingerbread (Stock) and did the OTA of a couple weeks ago, your Bootloader is locked (S-on). You can use Revolutionary to unlock it. Then from there, install ROM Manager and go for it!
    With this RAZR, I get a close shave
    My Blog
    Retired Moderator

Global Posts
    6,394 Global Posts
    ROM
    NOS M7 Sense 5.0

I recommend flashing and wiping in recovery rather then using rom manager, I have seen a few users have issues using rm. Doing all this in recovery is a very simple task and if you have any questions just ask.
  7. Thread Author  Thread Author    #7  

Global Posts
    178 Global Posts
    ROM

ok thanks for the help everyone!

ROM
    Xenon HD JellyBean

I would go with CM7, battery life is amazing especially with custom CPU settings. Plus while sense is nice its a resource hog and I really enjoy the snappy feel of an AOSP ROM.
  9. Thread Author  Thread Author    #9  

Global Posts
    178 Global Posts
    ROM

ok um turns out I need a radio file or something cause I had no service when I booted everything up and I don't see a topic with the download link...

Quote Originally Posted by edwinc8811 View Post
    ok um turns out I need a radio file or something cause I had no service when I booted everything up and I don't see a topic with the download link...
    You can get the latest radio files by going to the link in my signature. You need both an LTE Radio and a CDMA Radio file.

To flash the radio, rename the zip to PG05IMG.zip if it's not already and place it on the root of your SD Card. Boot into Bootloader: power off your phone... Turn the phone back on by holding down the volume down rocker and the power button at the same time until the phone opens in bootloader. The zip should start running and updating the radio, if not you will be asked if you want to update, select Yes. Once done reboot the phone on and remove the PG05IMG.zip from your phone, or rename, or move it off the root of the sd card in another folder. If its not moved after the installation it will constantly keep trying to update the radio if you ever need to boot into bootloader again to get to recovery.
    Current: Moto X (2014) Pure Edition, ASUS ZenWatch, Pebble Steel, Chromecast
    Retired Device (in order): HTC One (M8), Samsung Galaxy S4, Droid Razr Maxx, HTC Thunderbolt, HTC myTouch 4G, Blackberry's Bold, 8900 (Curve)

Jerry: "Love, Peace, and Chicken Grease!!!"
    Retired Moderator

Global Posts
    6,394 Global Posts
    ROM
    NOS M7 Sense 5.0

There are a few threads that discuss updating to a gingerbread radio when going to a gb Rom. I'm not by a computer to give you a link but look in Cyber Warriors thread which is stickied I know it gives the instructions on how to update your radio and may have links to them. If not just search this forum for gingerbread radios. Let me know in a pm if you can't find any and I will get to a computer and help.

Edit. I was late again

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk

I am using BAMF 1.0.7 and a custom kernel. Phone stability and battery life are great. I dont use any of the HTC app so I moved them out of the system/apps folder to a bloat folder on my SD card.

I am curious about CM7 as an alternative to BAMF. I did not see a Tbolt release on the Cyanogenmod web site. Where do you find a stable version for Tbolt?
    Retired Moderator

Global Posts
    6,394 Global Posts
    ROM
    NOS M7 Sense 5.0

Quote Originally Posted by swieder View Post
    I am using BAMF 1.0.7 and a custom kernel. Phone stability and battery life are great. I dont use any of the HTC app so I moved them out of the system/apps folder to a bloat folder on my SD card.

I am curious about CM7 as an alternative to BAMF. I did not see a Tbolt release on the Cyanogenmod web site. Where do you find a stable version for Tbolt?
    here you go

http://forums.androidcentral.com/thu...ed-10-2-a.html