Trying to get rid of bloatware.

TrucItUp

Oct 14, 2011
Visit site
Just rooted and trying to get rid of some of the bloatware on the phone. I used Super Manager to move the files from the phone over to the sd card but for some reason they are all still showing in the app drawer and still run. Anyone have any idea why they are not going away?

Cyber Warrior

Robots Will Kill
Nov 28, 2010
Visit site
Try rebooting the phone... sometimes they wont disappear from the app drawer until the phone is restarted. Its always good to reboot the phone when making any changes to the phone.

Cyber Warrior

Robots Will Kill
Nov 28, 2010
Visit site
Also if you want to make things easier... you really don't need to backup the bloat. Flashing any RUU puts the bloat back on the phone. I just use Titanium Backup and either freeze stuff or delete it.

TrucItUp

Oct 14, 2011
Visit site
Everything seems to be ok now. They were still showing up after rebooting but after going to sleep most of them were gone in the morning. Superuser was giving me some fits with FC this morning but I got that worked out and froze the last couple that were still showing.

stratejaket

Mar 19, 2011
Visit site
SU has been giving people FC issues the past few days. There are tons of posts about it, if the problem arises again.
I'm still using the version found in CWs Guide for revolutionary. It was set to auto update on the market and after it updated mine kept force closing. I unstalled the updates from the market and disabled auto update. All is well again.