help loading boot animation

pals0007

May 14, 2011
Visit site
New to the whole root thing,

I am rooted, downloaded and put the nexus prime boot animation zip on my sd card, went into recovery and installed it from sd, but when i reboot my phone i still have the original TB boot screen, any Ideas?

project.in.process

May 18, 2010
Visit site
New to the whole root thing,

I am rooted, downloaded and put the nexus prime boot animation zip on my sd card, went into recovery and installed it from sd, but when i reboot my phone i still have the original TB boot screen, any Ideas?

i wish it could be as simple as flashing in recovery. maybe i'm missing some zip permissions to be able to do that--but you must replace the original file with the downloaded nexus file--
but Remember!!!!= make sure the boot animation you downloaded is formatted for our size screen! if not, it won't go well :(

1) the file must be placed into the /system/media folder (along with any boot audio file if the animation is image only)--if you look there now you'll notice a file called "bootanimation.zip" (having the thunder/lightning you see on a stock bolt).
2) rename this original file (for example, "bootanimation.bak" so you have it as a backup), and replace it with the Nexus boot animation file--
important!--the Nexus boot animation must be called "bootanimation.zip"--if you see "bootanimation.zip.zip", then remove the '.zip' you wrote.
3) change permissions (via Root Explorer/Astro=R/W function) of the Nexus boot animation to match those of the original bootanimation file

stock boot animation permissions:
X X O
X O O
X O O

change the Nexus boot animation permissions to match those listed above

4) change the system back from Read/Write (R/W) to Read Only (R/O)
5) reboot the phone

corrections?

Last edited:

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
19escape20