Please help me

alphatronix

Jun 12, 2011
Visit site
#1. I have an ota push every hour Or so everyday for a month. I have done about 100 restores. I'm tired of it.
thasts why no otA push for 4 hours is awesome#2 I never asked for help with flashing installing ect. my gb is rooted so obviously that's not my prob. #3 my problem is that I dont know what the dif is between froyo and gb. dif between stock froyo root and gb. radios for gb and froyo and thee combs. forum doesn't have a knowledge based system for noobs. I might know the proper procedures but to as what I need flashed or installed is beyond me.

alphatronix

Jun 12, 2011
Visit site
ughh. this is useless. I don't want a new Rom. I like my stock. so from all this, I gathered that I an keep stock Rom but update it with either latest gb radio or froyo radio. eveything else is a blur. I still dnt get what gingerbread is. and what is froyo. I see many roms under both and radios for both and no clear indication what's just a Rom. what a stock Rom what radios go with each Rom. no structure.

alphatronix

Jun 12, 2011
Visit site
maybe I havnt seen it or maybe forums don't have it but would be very helpful to have a sticky that gives you a crash coarse in kernels radios roms, and what each one is and the function. setting up lists of roms, kernels and radios is unless if oh don't know how they work.

alphatronix

Jun 12, 2011
Visit site
also a guide on how to properly search for the correct radio and kernel for our device on these forums. so many lists and threads for roms that its over whelming

fatboy97

Aug 10, 2010
Visit site
also a guide on how to properly search for the correct radio and kernel for our device on these forums. so many lists and threads for roms that its over whelming

List of Radio's... just check the link in my signature... and stop worrying about kernels, just find a ROM and it will already have a kernel that works built into it.

alphatronix

Jun 12, 2011
Visit site
cyber Ty vm. I understand now. froyo gb are your OS and your roms are like service packs for ms. lol. so basicAlly gb roms are faster and more reliable then froyo because gb is a new OS. ok. that explains radiozs too. so what's this honeycomb? that's only tablets? man, cyber u saved me on this one. I don't feel so paranoid thing out diff roms now. so I still confused bout one thing. my stock root is a froyo... how can I keep my stock rooted Rom but upgrade to gb?

Cyber Warrior

Robots Will Kill
Nov 28, 2010
Visit site
Yes.. Honeycomb is only for Tablets.
Officicial GB RUU: [Exclusive Download] Gingerbread Build 2.11.605.3 Full RUU And New Radio For HTC ThunderBolt
There's the whole RUU which will give you stock Gingerbread and there's the radio file link if you're using a custom ROM and just need the radios. If you want to stay stock then you just need the RUU which also contains the radios.
The only downfall is that you will lose root when flashing the RUU but the Revolutionary root method is as easy as it gets for re-rooting the device and works with the Gingerbread update.

The only way to upgrade to GB without losing root is to flash a custom Gingerbread ROM.. example: Bamf ROM.

The update also wipes data so make sure you have things backed up with MyBackup Pro... There's a guide stickied for how that works.

Again... The Revolutionary root method is very simple and you should have no problem gaining root again after updating. Its the only way if you want to stay stock rooted... Otherwise just flash a custom ROM built by the devs.

alphatronix

Jun 12, 2011
Visit site
hmm im sorry if im a pest but you opened up my eyes today big time lol. If i do the full RUU then my phone will not be rooted. does that mean my phone will be again under warranty?

and also, could you explain real short hand why installing the whole RUU would unroot my phone but flashing a gb rom on top of my stock rooted froyo wouldnt unroot?

and the ota update that verizon is trying to install, is that the new gb os or just an update to the froyo os?

And i used super manager to rename the otacert file,. even though it looks like the rename didnt happen, i am yet to get a ota update. been like 5 hours and thats the longest its taken in a month.. so i think my ota problem is solved..

Last edited:

defcon999

Aug 30, 2011
Visit site
cyber Ty vm. I understand now. froyo gb are your OS and your roms are like service packs for ms. lol. so basicAlly gb roms are faster and more reliable then froyo because gb is a new OS

NO NO NO.....FROYO and GB are the OS's.....stock!. ROMS are customized off those. Think of it this way. You buy a car...100% stock, then you take it and get different tires on it, then you get the engine souped up, then you get a custom stereo.....same car, but it is custom now. Think of the DEV's (TeamBamf, CM7, Gingeritis, Zeus etc) as the customizer. They get rid of all te BLOATWARE....i.e. BLockbuster, CityID, Let's Golf etc.

hmm im sorry if im a pest but you opened up my eyes today big time lol. If i do the full RUU then my phone will not be rooted. does that mean my phone will be again under warranty?
YES, your phone will be technically out of warranty. But, before you have to send a bad phone back, you can always FLASH back to stock Gingerbread.

and also, could you explain real short hand why installing the whole RUU would unroot my phone but flashing a gb rom on top of my stock rooted froyo wouldnt unroot?
It depends on what ROM you are using. If you are using a ROM based on FROYO (i.e. Frozen Yogurt), then you will have a FROYO based Kernal.

You can't install a GB ROM without getting rid of FROYO....well, not that I know of.

and the ota update that verizon is trying to install, is that the new gb os or just an update to the froyo os?
That is a whole new OS. Think of it as like going from Windows Vista to Windows 7

And i used super manager to rename the otacert file,. even though it looks like the rename didnt happen, i am yet to get a ota update. been like 5 hours and thats the longest its taken in a month.. so i think my ota problem is solved..

You can always go here to get it. This is the one that was leaked the day before the OTA. This is the exact OTA, but this is the whole OS and not the UPGRADE....meaning, this is the whole OS and WILL WIPE YOUR DATA (NOT SD CARD DATA). The OTA will not erase your data at all.

My advice, is go to the links from CYBER and study them. You have a lot of questions that will be answered with those links.

Last edited:
Reactions: Cyber Warrior

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pierre5463