Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Battery Life: BAMF vs. Stock GB

when I got the GB OTA a couple weeks ago the battery life was so much better I switched back to the Stock battery after 5 months with the extended one.

Then I rooted, then I flashed BAMF forever, now battery life is bad again.
    I've had issues with the screen not turning off (just going dim)
    I've had the Phone Dialer bug a couple times that will kill your battery in about 4 hours.

Anyone else think the stock GB gets better battery performance than BAMF forever?

-Tm

Global Posts
    159 Global Posts
    ROM
    AOKP M5

Quote Originally Posted by Tmiv44 View Post
    when I got the GB OTA a couple weeks ago the battery life was so much better I switched back to the Stock battery after 5 months with the extended one.

Then I rooted, then I flashed BAMF forever, now battery life is bad again.
    I've had issues with the screen not turning off (just going dim)
    I've had the Phone Dialer bug a couple times that will kill your battery in about 4 hours.

Anyone else think the stock GB gets better battery performance than BAMF forever?

-Tm
    Have you tried re flashing? You clear the three caches? You wipe the battery stats? I'm running bamf forever and do not have any problems at all

Sent from my Thunderbolt using Tapatalk
    Om Nom Nom Nom
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Default Re: Battery Life: BAMF vs. Stock GB

i cleared all 3 caches in recovery when i flashed. i have't tried a 2nd flash. i assume i'd have to go through the whole back up process again?
    yes, i reset the battery when it charged full using the built in Bamf settings.

-Tm

Global Posts
    159 Global Posts
    ROM
    AOKP M5

Yeah back up do it all over again. Unless you find a solution i always reflash as a last resort. I know when I first flashed BAMF forever it took me three charges to really get it back to normal

Om Nom Nom Nom
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

bummer! this is my first ROM, i've been on it for a week now, so fully charged and (almost) fully depleted the battery several times now.

i hated going through the back up process, i was never sure what to back up and what to restore. ggrrr.....

-Tm

Global Posts
    159 Global Posts
    ROM
    AOKP M5

bummer! this is my first ROM, i've been on it for a week now, so fully charged and (almost) fully depleted the battery several times now.

i hated going through the back up process, i was never sure what to back up and what to restore. ggrrr.....

-Tm
    Well I would wait lets see if any other forum members have more ideas. But yeah not sure why your having problems. My stuff is running smoothly. Can also create a nandroid backup to restore to through CWM

Om Nom Nom Nom

bamf seems to be a little more of a drain but i chalk it up to the weather animations and friend stream( only scrollable widget i can really find) . still a pretty minimal difference. i noticed wifi seems to eat up a little more battery than before.. i still get a solid day tho.

ROM
    Stock/BAMF Forever1.10

Try this. menu, wireless networks, mobile networks, enable always -on mobile data make sure this box is unchecked, I have over 34 hours on and still at 36% stock battery but I'm a light user. YMMV. Any props go to Cmotion from the BAMF forums

I just flashed, 3days ago, to bamf forever 1.0.7 from the gb ota (stock) and get better battery life. The dialer on ota was using >17% in the stats (#2 on the list). Now it doesn't make the list.
  10. Thread Author  Thread Author    #10  

Quote Originally Posted by Rob_B View Post
    I just flashed, 3days ago, to bamf forever 1.0.7 from the gb ota (stock) and get better battery life. The dialer on ota was using >17% in the stats (#2 on the list). Now it doesn't make the list.
    The Dialer battery drain is exactly the issue I've been having since switching to BAMF. I didn't have that problem before I flashed.

-Tm

Global Posts
    601 Global Posts

The Dialer battery drain is exactly the issue I've been having since switching to BAMF. I didn't have that problem before I flashed.

-Tm
    Did you already disable Assisted Dialing?
  12. Thread Author  Thread Author    #12  

I do now. Lets see if that makes a difference.
    -Tm