Battery Life: BAMF vs. Stock GB

anon(255332)

Mar 30, 2011
Visit site
when I got the GB OTA a couple weeks ago the battery life was so much better I switched back to the Stock battery after 5 months with the extended one.

Then I rooted, then I flashed BAMF forever, now battery life is bad again.
I've had issues with the screen not turning off (just going dim)
I've had the Phone Dialer bug a couple times that will kill your battery in about 4 hours.

Anyone else think the stock GB gets better battery performance than BAMF forever?

-Tm

OptimusNotPrime

Mar 21, 2011
Visit site
when I got the GB OTA a couple weeks ago the battery life was so much better I switched back to the Stock battery after 5 months with the extended one.

Then I rooted, then I flashed BAMF forever, now battery life is bad again.
I've had issues with the screen not turning off (just going dim)
I've had the Phone Dialer bug a couple times that will kill your battery in about 4 hours.

Anyone else think the stock GB gets better battery performance than BAMF forever?

-Tm

Have you tried re flashing? You clear the three caches? You wipe the battery stats? I'm running bamf forever and do not have any problems at all

Sent from my Thunderbolt using Tapatalk

anon(255332)

Mar 30, 2011
Visit site
i cleared all 3 caches in recovery when i flashed. i have't tried a 2nd flash. i assume i'd have to go through the whole back up process again?
yes, i reset the battery when it charged full using the built in Bamf settings.

-Tm

OptimusNotPrime

Mar 21, 2011
Visit site
Yeah back up do it all over again. Unless you find a solution i always reflash as a last resort. I know when I first flashed BAMF forever it took me three charges to really get it back to normal

anon(255332)

Mar 30, 2011
Visit site
bummer! this is my first ROM, i've been on it for a week now, so fully charged and (almost) fully depleted the battery several times now.

i hated going through the back up process, i was never sure what to back up and what to restore. ggrrr.....

-Tm

OptimusNotPrime

Mar 21, 2011
Visit site
bummer! this is my first ROM, i've been on it for a week now, so fully charged and (almost) fully depleted the battery several times now.

i hated going through the back up process, i was never sure what to back up and what to restore. ggrrr.....

-Tm

Well I would wait lets see if any other forum members have more ideas. But yeah not sure why your having problems. My stuff is running smoothly. Can also create a nandroid backup to restore to through CWM

jaguarpaw

Mar 9, 2011
Visit site
bamf seems to be a little more of a drain but i chalk it up to the weather animations and friend stream( only scrollable widget i can really find) . still a pretty minimal difference. i noticed wifi seems to eat up a little more battery than before.. i still get a solid day tho.

rcmarks314

Jul 13, 2011
Visit site
Try this. menu, wireless networks, mobile networks, enable always -on mobile data make sure this box is unchecked, I have over 34 hours on and still at 36% stock battery but I'm a light user. YMMV. Any props go to Cmotion from the BAMF forums

Rob_B

Mar 24, 2011
Visit site
I just flashed, 3days ago, to bamf forever 1.0.7 from the gb ota (stock) and get better battery life. The dialer on ota was using >17% in the stats (#2 on the list). Now it doesn't make the list.

anon(255332)

Mar 30, 2011
Visit site
I just flashed, 3days ago, to bamf forever 1.0.7 from the gb ota (stock) and get better battery life. The dialer on ota was using >17% in the stats (#2 on the list). Now it doesn't make the list.

The Dialer battery drain is exactly the issue I've been having since switching to BAMF. I didn't have that problem before I flashed.

-Tm

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laila Nance