Superuser force closing - almost completely stumped.

pnoozi

Sep 1, 2011
Visit site
Hi.

Due to GPS not working on CM7, and missing Sense ;), I decided to flash Gingeritis 1.3 (Sense 2.1). I like the ROM, but I'm having a LOT of technical issues.

Most of the issues I can fix or work around, except for one...

Superuser is going haywire.

I tried flashing both the older version and 3.05, each from ROM Manager, and both don't work for one reason or another.

The older version (2.something) will at least run, but will only allow access to ONE application (in my case, Titanium Backup)... then do nothing when future applications want root access.

So I flashed the newer version, 3.0.5 from ROM Manager. This version simply force closes every single time I try to run it. The screen flickers and it force closes immediately.

I currently have 3.0.5 installed. I tried clearing Superuser data. That did nothing.

I'm about to try what some guy suggested here (fixing permissions through recovery).

What really sucks is ROM Manger can't get root access.

pnoozi

Sep 1, 2011
Visit site
Yea... still not working. Superuser 3.0.5 force closes every time I try to open it. Tried fixing permissions (in recovery). Tried clearing Superuser data. Tried just about every simple thing.

AntiAppel

Sep 18, 2010
Visit site
I just went to the market, un-installed SuperUser, cleared the app cache/data for it. Then ran the app itself, updated the binary, and haven't had a problem since. I just leave the update in the Market until this get's fixed. I'm using a HTC Thunderbolt, rooted on stock gingerbread.

pnoozi

Sep 1, 2011
Visit site
Interesting. There didn't appear to be an option to uninstall SU from the Market. My only options were ever to open or update (if version was older). Never uninstall. Maybe from My Apps?

Anyhow, this should work for 2.3.4 ROMs.

Code:
Guys, I have found a fix/workaround for users experiencing the following issues in union with each other (on, but not necessarily limited to, HTC Thunderbolt Android 2.3.4 Gingeritis 1.3):
1) SU 2.3.6.3 only allowing 1 app root privileges then not responding to future requests.
2) SU 3.x.x force closing when attempting to run it.

I?m not sure what the problem with version 3 is that causes it not to run, but ChainsDD could you please take care of it. Neither of the versions (2.x or 3.x) downloaded from ROM Manager work properly, as outlined above.

- First, download and flash the semi-working SU 2.3.6.3 from ROM Manager.
- Once phone comes back up, do NOT test SU with any root-seeking app. Immediately run Superuser Update Fixer (this app requires root to work, if SU grants another app root before this, then Update Fixer will not be able to achieve root privilege and you?ll have to start over).
- Update SU 2.3.6.3 from the Android Market. This time the signatures will match and the update will install, because Update Fixer fixed the signature.
- Anything you do after this point is uncharted territory. But this should get you to a working state of affairs.

Posted here in the comments section.

wildman

Jul 9, 2010
Visit site
I'm using BAMF Forever 1.0.07 with SU 2.3.6.3 and haven't had any issues with it... I have also used this version on Sense 3.5 rom without problems..

Try flashing the attached file with recovery, I believe it will help..

Reactions: project.in.process

stratejaket

Mar 19, 2011
Visit site
I'm using BAMF Forever 1.0.07 with SU 2.3.6.3 and haven't had any issues with it... I have also used this version on Sense 3.5 rom without problems..

I'm still using that version. The only version I found stable as of right now. I had the FC issue after the market updated mine a few days ago. After uninstalling updates back down to he version listed Su works fine.

Synergy Nightly v.262

kylep23

Apr 19, 2010
Visit site
Interesting. There didn't appear to be an option to uninstall SU from the Market. My only options were ever to open or update (if version was older). Never uninstall. Maybe from My Apps?

Anyhow, this should work for 2.3.4 ROMs.

Code:
Guys, I have found a fix/workaround for users experiencing the following issues in union with each other (on, but not necessarily limited to, HTC Thunderbolt Android 2.3.4 Gingeritis 1.3):
1) SU 2.3.6.3 only allowing 1 app root privileges then not responding to future requests.
2) SU 3.x.x force closing when attempting to run it.

I?m not sure what the problem with version 3 is that causes it not to run, but ChainsDD could you please take care of it. Neither of the versions (2.x or 3.x) downloaded from ROM Manager work properly, as outlined above.

- First, download and flash the semi-working SU 2.3.6.3 from ROM Manager.
- Once phone comes back up, do NOT test SU with any root-seeking app. Immediately run Superuser Update Fixer (this app requires root to work, if SU grants another app root before this, then Update Fixer will not be able to achieve root privilege and you?ll have to start over).
- Update SU 2.3.6.3 from the Android Market. This time the signatures will match and the update will install, because Update Fixer fixed the signature.
- Anything you do after this point is uncharted territory. But this should get you to a working state of affairs.

Posted here in the comments section.

Worked like a charm for me. Thanks

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

mad96

Oct 20, 2011
Visit site
I ran across this problem myself, I found if you use busybox installer and install the older 1.17.1 version everything straightend right out with the new Su update.

project.in.process

May 18, 2010
Visit site

flashed in recovery after wiping Cache & now i'm back up and running!

thanks so much

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol