Need help cm 7.1.1

carter17

Apr 7, 2010
Visit site
I flashed this rom last night. Due to the fact my tb has been very slow so far this rom is great but none of my music will play its still on my sd card but will not show up in the music player can anyone help with this plz. Thanks

fatboy97

Aug 10, 2010
Visit site
And what type of music files did you put on your SD card???

****EDIT: By the way, you said your Music app can not see your music... then you say "I can find my music"... HOW are you seeing your music????

Last edited:

carter17

Apr 7, 2010
Visit site
Some are mp4 some are wma and mp3 they all used to work just fine... and I can see my music if I go to file manager and go to the music folder it all showes up there.. sorry if what I said was confusing

fatboy97

Aug 10, 2010
Visit site
Something to try... connect your device to your PC... move all your music off, you might need to copy all your files, then delete them off your SD card... reboot... open your music app, close the app (this should reset your app)... THEN, connect your device to your PC again, move all your music back onto your SD card... then try the music app again.

carter17

Apr 7, 2010
Visit site
OK tried that still will not show up I tried to use windows media player and sync it that way it said it did reset phone still not in there tried to drop the songs on the root of sd still did not work this is making no sence

fatboy97

Aug 10, 2010
Visit site
Music does not need to be in the root folder... put them back in the Media/Music folder... I even have a number of group folders below that and it reads my sd card just fine... always has, no matter what ROM I'm running... and I flash a lot of ROMs.

Settings > Applications > Manage applications > All tab > Music > Clear data... then try it again.

carter17

Apr 7, 2010
Visit site
OK got it figured out thank u for the help had to delete all the songs even mp3 rip them back on my computer as mp3 again and now its working but it will only read mp3 but I guess that's not that big of a deal

Comineeyeaha

Apr 11, 2010
Visit site
I think this is worth asking, but when you installed 7.1.1 did you do a full wipe of data/cache/dalvik before installing? Also, what ROM were you on before where you could play mp4 and wma?

fatboy97

Aug 10, 2010
Visit site
Also, what ROM were you on before where you could play mp4 and wma?

I must have missed this about the mp4 and wma files... I've never tried to put, or rip any music using that format onto my device. But it would have been nice to know the mp3 files did actually displaying within the OP's music app.

carter17

Apr 7, 2010
Visit site
None of the files showed up in my music app not even mp3... when I did what u said delete everything then I converted my cd to mp3 that is when it showed up in my music but before that they did not show up. No wma,mp4,mp3

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tivativa