Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    34 Global Posts

Default Need help restoring

Ok so here are the facts. In order

1. TB is rooted
    2. Had Bamf Forever installed
    3. Did a nandroid back up
    4. Did a back up with Titanium Pro, all backed up files are on dropbox
    5. Wipe/factory reset..yada yada yada.. loaded Liquid rom
    6. tried to partition the sdcard with recovery...NO GO, does not work
    7. Since I tried the partition, everything on the sdcard is lost, including the local copy of Titanium backups...good thing they are still on drop box

So here is where my problem lies. If i synch Titanium with dropbox it will download all contents from dropbox to the phonesdcard.(this takes forever, I could also just download the file from the computer and upload to the phone from PC... no big deal)

The problem is if i load the recent Titanium back up from dropbox it contains all the files(system files, system data, apps, app data)

How can I just restore the apps and app data and disregard the rest, dont wont to have all these uneccessary files that were backed up from Bamf. Please help.

And why we are on the subject how come when i format the Sdcard in recovery, it doesnt show in the phone or in titanium back up. whats the deal? is it even worth partitioning the hard drive?

thanks in advance
    Robots Will Kill

Global Posts
    11,968 Global Posts

Default Re: Need help restoring

Move the files back onto the sd card. There's two ways of restoring in Titanium. You can go to backup/restore and choose the apps you want restored... Leave out system apps.
    Or
    In the app go to Menu... Batch... Restore all apps with data. Just don't ever choose the option to restore System Apps.
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Global Posts
    34 Global Posts

Thanks cyber, but to i have to load the entire 500mb titanium file to my sd or is there a way just to pull off the apps and app data before moving it to the phone
    Robots Will Kill

Global Posts
    11,968 Global Posts

Never used DropBox before. Is there a way to see the files that are stored on the account and just move the ones that you need? I know Titanium makes two files for each app. One is a .tar file and the other is some type of document file.

If you can move those two files for each app along with the Titanium folder to the sd card then you should be okay. I've never tried it before. Worse case scenario.. just move the whole dropbox backup back to the sd card. That would probably be your best bet.... to make sure all the files that the Titanium app needs to do a restore are available.

If anyone else has a better idea feel free to jump in.