Gmail Problems After Nandroid Backup

recDNA

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
My fallback daily rom at this point is stock rooted. I don't want to get into a discussion about custom roms but I haven't found one yet that I like for daily use.

Anyway, I do like to TRY custom roms so I often use my nandroid backup of stock rom to revert to it. Every time I do I find I have the same problem...my gmail account will receive new emails but not send. I just see that red sending message forever. No idea why. Ive tried refreshing and manually syncing and restarts but it makes no difference. I find to get it to work again I have to delete my secondary email account, keep playing with it, and it eventually works. Then I put back my secondary account manually.

I really don't understand why this is happening and I'm sure there must be a better cure for it. I'd actually like to try another rom today but I'm held back by the hassle and worry that I wont be able to get my primary gmail to work after a nandroid restore.

I would really appreciate your help!

recDNA

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
I am going from ANY rom BACK to stock rom s-off through a nandroid restore. The only time it happens if after a nandroid restore. It doesn't matter what rom I was in before the restore.

I have also tried making new nandroids in case the nandroid itself was corrupted but it's always the same. I freak out when I can't count on my gmail. It ruins the fun of trying new roms because I dread the problem I know I'll face when I nandroid back to stock gingerbread s-off (the only rom I've tried in which all my apps and functions work).

recDNA

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
I tried something different last night. I deleted the second gmail account and did a nandroid with only the primary gmail account. Maybe that way gmail will work if I have to restore. Troublenisnthe nandroid is 605.3 so I guess I neednto repeat it now that I'm 605.5. I don't want gmail to shut off my account for deleting and downloading over and over again though. Hotmail shut me off for that once.

fatboy97

Aug 10, 2010
Visit site
Did you try going to Settings > Applications > Manage Applications > All tab > Gmail > Clear data and Clear cache.... your settings will be reset, but your emails will be there once your Gmail accounts sync with your device, and you don't have to log in or anything.

recDNA

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
I tried clear cache. It was my understanding that the phone wouldn't let you clear data for primary account. I'll try it next time though!

fatboy97

Aug 10, 2010
Visit site
I tried clear cache. It was my understanding that the phone wouldn't let you clear data for primary account. I'll try it next time though!

I was having issues with my Nandroid backup version over the last week... finally did this yesterday and it fixed everything... no issues since.

Reactions: recDNA

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akbarramadhani12