Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By rcmarks314
  • 1 Post By jhimebau
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Safe rom help

I was able to successfully root my phone tonight. I hear they are trying to push an update. I still have the original OS. Is there a safe rom to use in " rom manager" that I can change to that will stop the update. I don't want to put anything on that is new or Bata type.

Help soon please...
    Robots Will Kill

Global Posts
    11,964 Global Posts

Default Re: Safe rom help

Any ROM will stop the update. The Bamf ROMs are pretty solid.
    Thanked by:

Global Posts
    2,043 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

I would try the bamf sense 3.0 Rom

BAMF Forever is very solid!!!
    Current: HTC One (M8), Pebble, Chromecast
    Retired Device (in order): Samsung Galaxy S4, Droid Razr Maxx, HTC Thunderbolt, HTC myTouch 4G, Blackberry's Bold, 8900 (Curve)
    Flames Wallpaper
    Jerry: "Love, Peace, and Chicken Grease!!!"
    Thanked by:

ROM
    Stock/BAMF Forever1.10

Plus one on BAMF! If you want 1.0.9 you will need to flash 1.0.8 first as 1.0.9 is only a patch. There are some issues with 1.0.9 they mostly have to do with the camera. If the camera is important to you. You may consider 1.0.7 The voice mail is fixed in it and it's a very good and stable ROM. Also if you're new to rooting it might be the best choice because you only have to flash once. HTH and welcome to the enlightened side.
    Ifixsharp likes this.
  6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #6  

It says I need an Mr2 radio. where do I find what I have and where do you get new ones. I can find out how to install on YouTube I guess.
    Robots Will Kill

Global Posts
    11,964 Global Posts

Its in Fatboys signature. Its also in the ROM guide under "radios". It says "latest radios". You need to flash two pg05img.zip one at a time. One for the CDMA radio and one for the LTE radio. Its the last set of radios in that link.
    Robots Will Kill

Global Posts
    11,964 Global Posts

Every little piece of info you need can be found in the six stickies at the top of the page of this forum.

For installing radios: [Guide] How to Backup, Restore & Install ROMs on The Thunderbolt
    make sure you repeat the procedure twice... one for each radio. Remove the first pg05img.zip from the phone after its done installing before you place the second pg05img.zip on the phone.

Global Posts
    62 Global Posts

I just flashed BAMF 1.0.7 and didn't mess with the radio and it is very solid and everything is working.
    Thanked by:
    Ifixsharp likes this.

ROM
    The ROM of the day...LOL

Quote Originally Posted by rcmarks314 View Post
    Plus one on BAMF! If you want 1.0.9 you will need to flash 1.0.8 first as 1.0.9 is only a patch. There are some issues with 1.0.9 they mostly have to do with the camera. If the camera is important to you. You may consider 1.0.7 The voice mail is fixed in it and it's a very good and stable ROM. Also if you're new to rooting it might be the best choice because you only have to flash once. HTH and welcome to the enlightened side.
    The issue with the camera is that when you take a picture and then view it, it is messed up with a bunch of lines distorting the picture. The workaround is is to clear the DATA (Menu --> Applications --> Manage Applications --> Then find camera and clear DATA.

TEAMBAMF also has a patch called "CAM_Bandaid" on their site you can download. I have been using BAMF Forever since 1.0.7 and upgrade every time. I have tried all the others (Including Forever Cube) and always come back to Forever!

Also, all of BAMF's ROM have the radios built in. You can download others on their site if you want!
    With this RAZR, I get a close shave
    My Blog
  11. Thread Author  Thread Author    #11  

Quote Originally Posted by defcon999 View Post

Also, all of BAMF's ROM have the radios built in. You can download others on their site if you want!

Is this true that I can flash 1.0.7 rom and not have to screw with the radio??
    Running the stock 2.2.1 android version

Quote Originally Posted by Ifixsharp View Post
    Is this true that I can flash 1.0.7 rom and not have to screw with the radio??
    Running the stock 2.2.1 android version
    No it's NOT true... the Das BAMF ROMs DO NOT come with a Radio, no ROM that I know of comes with the Radio files, and I know for a fact BAMF Forever does not come with a Radio file.... you will need to flash a Radio, or two if they are LTE and CDMA radio separate like the ones in my signature link.

****EDIT: And besides... flashing a Radio has to be the Easiest thing to do when compared to flashing a ROM.
    Last edited by fatboy97; 10-26-2011 at 07:23 PM.
    Current: HTC One (M8), Pebble, Chromecast
    Retired Device (in order): Samsung Galaxy S4, Droid Razr Maxx, HTC Thunderbolt, HTC myTouch 4G, Blackberry's Bold, 8900 (Curve)
    Flames Wallpaper
    Jerry: "Love, Peace, and Chicken Grease!!!"
    Thanked by:
  13. Thread Author  Thread Author    #13  

went for it.

flashed bamf 1.0.7 with stock radio and all seems to be running well. I wanted to root for tethering and I guess that should do it for me if everything stay stable. Now I guess I don't have to worry about forced update...

G.
    What does that do?

ROM
    Stock ICS

I have yet to flash a radio, I rooted from gb leak of 605.3 and flashed forever, and am currently running SoaB, I thought that as long as your base radio matched the Rom you did not have to flash a radio, am I wrong?

ROM
    Stock/BAMF Forever1.10

Being you have 2.11.605.3 you have the latest, 2.11.605.5 has the same radio as .3
    You are not wrong.