Mobile Hotspot Missing from ROM

chuckh0308

Apr 3, 2011
www.welcomehomeseattle.com
My apologies if the answer is already here somewhere...I can't find it.

Anyway, I wanted the stock ROM, but rooted and debloated, so I found it and flashed it. Unfortunately, for whatever reason, someone decided to remove the hotspot feature (and YouTube) in the debloat. So now I have no hotspot and it's an important feature for me. Is there a way to get it back without having to flash a different ROM? I' m a little annoyed right now...

I searched the VZW website, google searched...everything. Can't find the answer.

Thanks!

UPDATE! I still had the zip file from the last GB release, so I took the apk file from there and put it in my system/apps folder. Now I have the icon and I can open the application, but it will not allow me to actually turn on the hotspot. In other words, nothing happens when I tap on the box to check it and turn it on. Help? LOL!

Update2: well, I couldn't figure out how to make it work and apparently nobody else knows, so I went ahead and flashed another rooted version of the stock ROM. Thankfully this one had the hotspot left in it, so I'm up and running again!

Last edited:

wildman

Jul 9, 2010
Visit site
A number of GB roms have issues with stock Hotspot, best to check developers notes before installing, if it works on that rom it would be noted..

paintdrinkingpete

Dec 12, 2009
Visit site
FWIW, the hotspot works fine for me on BAMF Forever. The actual Verizon Hotspot, not a rooted wifi tether app -- although that does work as well.

Last edited:

chuckh0308

Apr 3, 2011
www.welcomehomeseattle.com
Yeah, it's not a problem with the hotspot working with a particular ROM really...it's an issue of putting the hotspot back into the ROM once you've removed it. So, in my case, I was using a stock ROM that was debloated, including removing the hotspot. I could not put the hotspot back in and get it to work, but I am now using the same ROM with the hotspot (that had been left in) and it works great.

I did a LOT of research on this and everywhere I looked all I saw were people with the same problem and nobody ever could get the hotspot to work when they tried to add the hotspot apk back into a ROM. No idea why though....

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
apkmodyo