TBolt wont let me flash new rom. Need Help

dd0yl3

Feb 20, 2011
Visit site
I am currently running CM 7.1.0 RC 1.8 and I wanted to try out BAMF forever just to change it up.I backed up my current rom and downloaded BAMF. When I went to flash it continued to freeze up on he boot screen. I wiped the device at least three times tried it again, still didn't work. So I decided to flash a previous back up of BAMF remix. Still wouldn't work at all. So finally after playing around with it went back to CM 7. Did I forget a step or didn't do something right when flashing a new rom?

mclarryjr

Retired Moderator
Nov 2, 2009
Visit site
Are you trying to flash and restore while using ROM Manager or are you booting into recovery? You could have a bad download and backup.

dd0yl3

Feb 20, 2011
Visit site
Are you trying to flash and restore while using ROM Manager or are you booting into recovery? You could have a bad download and backup.

I tried to flash using rom manager, but I tried to flash a backup that I have used before but not it wont work. I flash the back up in recovery.

fatboy97

Aug 10, 2010
Visit site
I tried to flash using rom manager, but I tried to flash a backup that I have used before but not it wont work. I flash the back up in recovery.

Open ROM Manager... what version of ClockWorkMod Recovery is loaded on your device???

fatboy97

Aug 10, 2010
Visit site
That says 5.0.2.0.

The latest version is actually 5.0.2.1 for Recovery... so you might want to update that by clicking the Flash ClockworkMod Recovery selection.

Now, what version of BAMF Forever are you trying to flash??? Because 1.0.9 is just a PATCH, not a full ROM version... you would need to download 1.0.8, and 1.0.9 patch, then flash 1.0.8, and then flash 1.0.9, you can do both one after the other without booting up.

Also, like stated above you should be checking the MD5 Sum Code of each ROM before you attempt to install it on your device... you can do this by using a PC app called "winMd5Sum" that you can by Googling, install it on your PC and check the code against the MD5 Sum code on RootzWiki or TeamBAMF's web page where you downloaded the ROM.

mclarryjr

Retired Moderator
Nov 2, 2009
Visit site
I'm on 5.0.2.1, do you have an option (should be first option in rom manager) to flash a newer recovery? If not try clearing cache and data in rom manager in your application settings. If that doesn't work you could try removing rm and then downloading again from the market. You can also try flashing analternate recovery in rm which is the last option then try restore/flashing in recovery.

Christo37

Feb 27, 2011
Visit site
you always need to make sure that when you flash a rom you start back at the stock rooted rom then go to running a new rom and always do a factory reset to be safe

NotJustAPhone

Jan 29, 2011
Visit site
you always need to make sure that when you flash a rom you start back at the stock rooted rom then go to running a new rom and always do a factory reset to be safe

There's no need to revert to stock when you flash a new ROM. Just make sure to do a full wipe before flashing.

Sent using Tapatalk

rcmarks314

Jul 13, 2011
Visit site

I think we have a troll here going back to posts that are weeks old and spreading his lack of knowledge. Just MHO.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelsea rae