1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default SMS Backup

Hi all. I need some help. I had a great SMS backup program on the original ROM/OS on the HTC Thunderbolt. Before I rooted my phone and flashed my phone with the latest update, I backed up all of my sms messages (about 5000). Once I installed the latest ROM I can't find that same SMS backup program to restore all of my messages. I've downloaded all of the ones in the market and even tried very android (can't see paying $20 for it) and Astro File manager and can't get them restored. Does anyone have any suggestions?

Default Re: SMS Backup

who the hell would keep 5000 texts? and for what purpose?if they were saved in fact and not on your sd card im guessing u would have to know what exact program did that

ROM
    The ROM of the day...LOL

Please tell me you backed up your phone with titanium or mybackup. If you did, then just restore ur data......if you didn't....then you'd have to know the program. Here is an idea and I have no idea if this will work......copy the know sms backup file to your pc and see if you can open it from there.....it might ....maybe the header will have the program name......again I have no clue if it will work

sent from my TBolt.....still better than an iPhone any day
    With this RAZR, I get a close shave
    My Blog
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

Thanks for the responses. One reason I kept the texts is that most of them are from my wife. I just have a desire to keep them,

I did save them all on my SD card prior to rooting my phone and have been all through the Droid Market and can't find the program I had under the original Thunderbolt OS. I tried Backup Everything which said it backed up my SMS messages and it even restored most of my programs but it didn't restore that particular program for some reason. It even restored my call log.

@Defcon - I will try your suggestion. Thank you.
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

I was able to find the app... Googled the Android Market and found it online. The online market seems to be better place than the actual market app on the phone...

ROM
    Stock

I use GoSMS to backup my SMS, AND THEN, back it up some more with Titanium Backup [very useful, especially when you're changing ROMs too often (like me)].