pc can't detect phone

stratejaket

Mar 19, 2011
Visit site
just now getting time to do it...(yes my work life is that crazy at times..wish my wallet reflected it!).....from this:

Boot into recovery > mounts and storage > mount system > mount sdcard > enable usb

I get through:

Boot into recovery > mounts and storage > mount system > mount sdcard

then I don't get the option to "enable usb"

the command "mount sdcard" switches to "unmount sdcard" so I know I it should connect but CWM does not give me the "enable usb" option so do I need to fix CWM or something maybe?

Once you get back to the screen where you can unmount the sdcard it should be the last option on the menu. Enable USB

Sent from my Synergy driven Thunderbolt...

Atomic_Monkey

Android monkey
Jan 23, 2011
Visit site
Yeah that was the screen I was on...I do have "mount USB storage" ...maybe that is it,..I chose that option but it did nothing as far as allowing my PC to find it....

I also went "back" and looked around for it elsewhere but I did not get it on mine...looks like I have version CWM 5.0.2.1...

stratejaket

Mar 19, 2011
Visit site
Yeah that was the screen I was on...I do have "mount USB storage" ...maybe that is it,..I chose that option but it did nothing as far as allowing my PC to find it....

I also went "back" and looked around for it elsewhere but I did not get it on mine...looks like I have version CWM 5.0.2.1...

Odd try this open ROM manager flash cwm, even if it says up to date, then try the previous mentioned method.
You might be stuck with using wifi file explorer for a bit, till it gets fixed.

jey_253

Apr 16, 2011
Visit site
Actually having the very same problem. Will charge but not connect to any computer. Have reinstalled sync, drivers, all connect to pc settings. New roms doesn't change it

Sent from my A500 using Tapatalk

Toad_Toad

Nov 10, 2011
Visit site
Actually having the very same problem. Will charge but not connect to any computer. Have reinstalled sync, drivers, all connect to pc settings. New roms doesn't change it

Sent from my A500 using Tapatalk

Me too. All apps work fine except camera/camcorder and I get the gTalk error. Still working on it but I may just send the damn thing back.

I HATE it when things don't work right the 1st time! But I'm still willing to try a few more things.

Atomic_Monkey

Android monkey
Jan 23, 2011
Visit site
Odd try this open ROM manager flash cwm, even if it says up to date, then try the previous mentioned method.
You might be stuck with using wifi file explorer for a bit, till it gets fixed.

I did flash cwm several times, did not help... wonder if the phone is broke...

stratejaket

Mar 19, 2011
Visit site
If your getting a charge something is working lol. There were some people over on xda with this problem. Search around over there and see if there were any other ideas to get it going. Could use the wifi app to put an RUU on it and see if back to bone stock fixes it?

Toad_Toad

Nov 10, 2011
Visit site
Ended up sending mine back after talking with a very nice Verizon rep named Torry. She finally called the HTC folks who finally said to just replace it. I had an old software version that Verizon/HTC didn't recognize so it wouldn't update it. Big mess. Anyway, should have a new one Tomorrow or Monday. Thanks all.

sportnlife

Aug 10, 2010
Visit site
Must be your USB cable or computer or both. I could not get my home pc to recognized my TB, but at work with a different computer and cable , no problem.

Jeenyus

Jun 24, 2011
Visit site
This just happened to me.

Update/Solution (for me): I plugged into computer via usb. Went into recovery>mounts and storage>mount system>unmount sdcard. Rebooted and it works like normal.

If it says unmount then your pc sees it, but if it says mount your pc isn't seeing your TB

Last edited:

Night486

Jan 25, 2016
Visit site
Hey, I had the same problem. I solved it like this: Computer Management-> Services: turn on and set on automatic startup type Device Install Service and Device Setup Manager, apply changes, reset computer and it should work now. Good luck!

Last edited:

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
catherinediane