pc can't detect phone

Atomic_Monkey

Android monkey
Jan 23, 2011
Visit site
I have he HTC driver, and was accessing phone fine via usp, debugging cheked, running cm7. 1. 1
Any ideas, I did redownload and flash the Rom.. love any helpful ideas....

fatboy97

Aug 10, 2010
Visit site
Use the pull down to select Disk Drive, but instead of selecting that select "Internet pass-through"... wait 10-15 seconds, then select Disk drive... this should fix it.

Atomic_Monkey

Android monkey
Jan 23, 2011
Visit site
Actually when I plug it in (it does start charging) but there is nothing on the notification drop down at all, don't get the option to mount as SD...

fatboy97

Aug 10, 2010
Visit site
Settings > Connect to PC... the options are in there.... either that or try a different USB port on your PC.

aslandholm

Sep 28, 2010
Visit site
I had that problem too. Also when I would hold the power button it never gave me options to reboot, turn off, etc., it would just lock the phone. I was running BAMF _SoaB_v103. What was weird is that it worked fine for a couple of days then started doing that. I ended up flashing and re-loading the ROM. Works now.

Atomic_Monkey

Android monkey
Jan 23, 2011
Visit site
anyone else have ideas? I have erased and downloaded cm7.1.1 three times now with no luck. Even restored to cm7 1.8 which used to work fine and my pc will not recognize my phone. It does charge when plugged into usp port...I also downloaded htc drivers all over again. Put htc drivers on my wife's PC and tried that, still no luck, what could be wrong with my phone? Debugging IS CHECKED.....love any ideas, I can't deal with not being able to access my phone sd card from my pc....
my phone gives me nothing in notification drop down ( I guess actually my phone does not recognize the PC's instead of other way around...)

Atomic_Monkey

Android monkey
Jan 23, 2011
Visit site
wasn't the cord either, tried two others...I am totally lost for ideas here. Can something in the phone go bad that it can't mount as SD or something. I can't get anything to come up on my notification bar at all, and when I search my PC I can't find the phone when it is hooked up...

thewraith420

Sep 6, 2011
Visit site
Make sure the phone isn't plugged into the computer restart the computer once everything boots back up cross your fingers and plug the phone in... It's worked for me before...

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk

stratejaket

Mar 19, 2011
Visit site
Did you try to access it in recovery?
Boot into recovery > mounts and storage > mount system > mount sdcard > enable usb. Give it a few your comp should get the connection.

Sent from the nearest cellular tower.

defcon999

Aug 30, 2011
Visit site
I have he HTC driver, and was accessing phone fine via usp, debugging cheked, running cm7. 1. 1
Any ideas, I did redownload and flash the Rom.. love any helpful ideas....

Did you try and use another THUNDERBOLT specific cable?. My son has a Samsung Dumbphone and his cable will charge my phone, but it won't connect to my computer.

Also, have you tried connecting the cable to a USB port on the back of your PC. The ones on your front are merely cables that are connected to the PC board and the ones on the back are SOLDERED onto the board.

Another thing also......don't plug it into a USB Hub if you have one.

Atomic_Monkey

Android monkey
Jan 23, 2011
Visit site
I have not tried recovery, that would be a new one for me, thank-you will try in a few..... did try usp n back of computer, and HTC cord also, did not think of it earlier though as I have several now. Not using a hub... thanks app for posts, so stumped here... hopefully the recovery option will do it... keep you posted...

Atomic_Monkey

Android monkey
Jan 23, 2011
Visit site
just now getting time to do it...(yes my work life is that crazy at times..wish my wallet reflected it!).....from this:

Boot into recovery > mounts and storage > mount system > mount sdcard > enable usb

I get through:

Boot into recovery > mounts and storage > mount system > mount sdcard

then I don't get the option to "enable usb"

the command "mount sdcard" switches to "unmount sdcard" so I know I it should connect but CWM does not give me the "enable usb" option so do I need to fix CWM or something maybe?

Last edited:

paintdrinkingpete

Dec 12, 2009
Visit site
Just an idea to rule stuff out...have you tried to connect to a different computer?

I've definitely seen it where the drivers get all jacked up on a PC that prevent USB devices from connecting properly. A longshot, but worth ruling out I suppose.

Atomic_Monkey

Android monkey
Jan 23, 2011
Visit site
Yes hooked it to my wifes laptop, and downloaded the HTC drivers to it first but same result..maybe I will find another one...

Can CWM be updated, or reinstalled? did not see that type of option on ROM manager...maybe I can get it at XDA or something...but then again I can't get it onto my sd from my computer....unless I buy a card reader for micro sd cards...

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
freyon77