Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  
    Android monkey

ROM
    CM7

Default pc can't detect phone

I have he HTC driver, and was accessing phone fine via usp, debugging cheked, running cm7. 1. 1
    Any ideas, I did redownload and flash the Rom.. love any helpful ideas....

ROM
    Infected Eternity 3.5

Default Re: pc can't detect phone

did you mount as hd under the usb connection options?

Use the pull down to select Disk Drive, but instead of selecting that select "Internet pass-through"... wait 10-15 seconds, then select Disk drive... this should fix it.
    Current: HTC One (M8), Pebble, Chromecast
    Retired Device (in order): Samsung Galaxy S4, Droid Razr Maxx, HTC Thunderbolt, HTC myTouch 4G, Blackberry's Bold, 8900 (Curve)
    Flames Wallpaper
    Jerry: "Love, Peace, and Chicken Grease!!!"
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  
    Android monkey

ROM
    CM7

Actually when I plug it in (it does start charging) but there is nothing on the notification drop down at all, don't get the option to mount as SD...

Settings > Connect to PC... the options are in there.... either that or try a different USB port on your PC.
    Current: HTC One (M8), Pebble, Chromecast
    Retired Device (in order): Samsung Galaxy S4, Droid Razr Maxx, HTC Thunderbolt, HTC myTouch 4G, Blackberry's Bold, 8900 (Curve)
    Flames Wallpaper
    Jerry: "Love, Peace, and Chicken Grease!!!"
  6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #6  
    Android monkey

ROM
    CM7

Yeah I tried that, settings are right, and I tried other ports and another computer too... might have to wipe and download Rom again...

I had that problem too. Also when I would hold the power button it never gave me options to reboot, turn off, etc., it would just lock the phone. I was running BAMF _SoaB_v103. What was weird is that it worked fine for a couple of days then started doing that. I ended up flashing and re-loading the ROM. Works now.
  8. Thread Author  Thread Author    #8  
    Android monkey

ROM
    CM7

anyone else have ideas? I have erased and downloaded cm7.1.1 three times now with no luck. Even restored to cm7 1.8 which used to work fine and my pc will not recognize my phone. It does charge when plugged into usp port...I also downloaded htc drivers all over again. Put htc drivers on my wife's PC and tried that, still no luck, what could be wrong with my phone? Debugging IS CHECKED.....love any ideas, I can't deal with not being able to access my phone sd card from my pc....
    my phone gives me nothing in notification drop down ( I guess actually my phone does not recognize the PC's instead of other way around...)

ROM
    Changes Daily

Maybe a bad usb cord? Letting power go threw but no data.

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk
  10. Thread Author  Thread Author    #10  
    Android monkey

ROM
    CM7

worth a try, haven't thought of that...let you know...
  11. Thread Author  Thread Author    #11  
    Android monkey

ROM
    CM7

wasn't the cord either, tried two others...I am totally lost for ideas here. Can something in the phone go bad that it can't mount as SD or something. I can't get anything to come up on my notification bar at all, and when I search my PC I can't find the phone when it is hooked up...
  12. Thread Author  Thread Author    #12  
    Android monkey

ROM
    CM7

had to resort to using dropbox to get my videos to my pc....only to find out dropbox converts them to m4v files like crapple uses...!

ROM
    Changes Daily

Make sure the phone isn't plugged into the computer restart the computer once everything boots back up cross your fingers and plug the phone in... It's worked for me before...

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk

ROM
    NuSense 7.2

Did you try to access it in recovery?
    Boot into recovery > mounts and storage > mount system > mount sdcard > enable usb. Give it a few your comp should get the connection.

Sent from the nearest cellular tower.

ROM
    The ROM of the day...LOL

Quote Originally Posted by Atomic_Monkey View Post
    I have he HTC driver, and was accessing phone fine via usp, debugging cheked, running cm7. 1. 1
    Any ideas, I did redownload and flash the Rom.. love any helpful ideas....
    Did you try and use another THUNDERBOLT specific cable?. My son has a Samsung Dumbphone and his cable will charge my phone, but it won't connect to my computer.

Also, have you tried connecting the cable to a USB port on the back of your PC. The ones on your front are merely cables that are connected to the PC board and the ones on the back are SOLDERED onto the board.

Another thing also......don't plug it into a USB Hub if you have one.
    With this RAZR, I get a close shave
    My Blog
  16. Thread Author  Thread Author    #16  
    Android monkey

ROM
    CM7

I have not tried recovery, that would be a new one for me, thank-you will try in a few..... did try usp n back of computer, and HTC cord also, did not think of it earlier though as I have several now. Not using a hub... thanks app for posts, so stumped here... hopefully the recovery option will do it... keep you posted...

ROM
    NuSense 7.2

Any Luck?
  18. Thread Author  Thread Author    #18  
    Android monkey

ROM
    CM7

just now getting time to do it...(yes my work life is that crazy at times..wish my wallet reflected it!).....from this:

Boot into recovery > mounts and storage > mount system > mount sdcard > enable usb

I get through:

Boot into recovery > mounts and storage > mount system > mount sdcard

then I don't get the option to "enable usb"

the command "mount sdcard" switches to "unmount sdcard" so I know I it should connect but CWM does not give me the "enable usb" option so do I need to fix CWM or something maybe?
    Last edited by Atomic_Monkey; 11-10-2011 at 11:27 AM. Reason: spelling

Just an idea to rule stuff out...have you tried to connect to a different computer?

I've definitely seen it where the drivers get all jacked up on a PC that prevent USB devices from connecting properly. A longshot, but worth ruling out I suppose.
  20. Thread Author  Thread Author    #20  
    Android monkey

ROM
    CM7

Yes hooked it to my wifes laptop, and downloaded the HTC drivers to it first but same result..maybe I will find another one...

Can CWM be updated, or reinstalled? did not see that type of option on ROM manager...maybe I can get it at XDA or something...but then again I can't get it onto my sd from my computer....unless I buy a card reader for micro sd cards...

ROM
    NuSense 7.2

just now getting time to do it...(yes my work life is that crazy at times..wish my wallet reflected it!).....from this:

Boot into recovery > mounts and storage > mount system > mount sdcard > enable usb

I get through:

Boot into recovery > mounts and storage > mount system > mount sdcard

then I don't get the option to "enable usb"

the command "mount sdcard" switches to "unmount sdcard" so I know I it should connect but CWM does not give me the "enable usb" option so do I need to fix CWM or something maybe?
    Once you get back to the screen where you can unmount the sdcard it should be the last option on the menu. Enable USB

Sent from my Synergy driven Thunderbolt...
  22. Thread Author  Thread Author    #22  
    Android monkey

ROM
    CM7

Yeah that was the screen I was on...I do have "mount USB storage" ...maybe that is it,..I chose that option but it did nothing as far as allowing my PC to find it....

I also went "back" and looked around for it elsewhere but I did not get it on mine...looks like I have version CWM 5.0.2.1...

ROM
    NuSense 7.2

Yeah that was the screen I was on...I do have "mount USB storage" ...maybe that is it,..I chose that option but it did nothing as far as allowing my PC to find it....

I also went "back" and looked around for it elsewhere but I did not get it on mine...looks like I have version CWM 5.0.2.1...
    Odd try this open ROM manager flash cwm, even if it says up to date, then try the previous mentioned method.
    You might be stuck with using wifi file explorer for a bit, till it gets fixed.

Sent from my Synergy driven Thunderbolt...

Actually having the very same problem. Will charge but not connect to any computer. Have reinstalled sync, drivers, all connect to pc settings. New roms doesn't change it

Sent from my A500 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by jey_253 View Post
    Actually having the very same problem. Will charge but not connect to any computer. Have reinstalled sync, drivers, all connect to pc settings. New roms doesn't change it

Sent from my A500 using Tapatalk
    Me too. All apps work fine except camera/camcorder and I get the gTalk error. Still working on it but I may just send the damn thing back.

I HATE it when things don't work right the 1st time! But I'm still willing to try a few more things.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast