Radio Baseband version versus MR number?

lehthanis

Sep 18, 2010
Visit site
I'm trying to figure out which radio my wifes phone has and whether or not its compatible with the CyanogenMod build. The CyanogenMod build says its stable for MR2 and MR 2.5 radios only...And her baseband version is:

1.48.00.0906w_1, 0.01.78.0906w_2

I can't find anywhere that relates the baseband version to the MR number...anyone wanna help? We just rooted after getting the latest GB upgrade from OTA.

fatboy97

Aug 10, 2010
Visit site
I'm trying to figure out which radio my wifes phone has and whether or not its compatible with the CyanogenMod build. The CyanogenMod build says its stable for MR2 and MR 2.5 radios only...And her baseband version is:

1.48.00.0906w_1, 0.01.78.0906w_2

I can't find anywhere that relates the baseband version to the MR number...anyone wanna help? We just rooted after getting the latest GB upgrade from OTA.

CM works great with ANY Gingerbread Radio's that I've used and I've used almost all of them... I use the newest Radio for some time... check out the link in my signature... I'm using the 2.11.605.3 RUU radio's.

Reactions: lehthanis

fatboy97

Aug 10, 2010
Visit site
This is great news...but I still don't understand where MR2 and MR 2.5 come in...what does that refer to?

MR2 was thought to be next second official radio, which later became MR2.5 after they fixed a couple of things, or at least changed a few things... I believe CM7 used those two radio's to test their ROM, but like I said it will work with the latest radio... and I'm guessing, even though I have not seen it officially said on any webpage that the radio I'm using is probably MR3, since it's being used on the Official Gingerbread ROM on the Thunderbolt.

clickclick#AC

Mar 10, 2011
Visit site
if she got the gb ota then she has the latest radio available which most are calling MR3 so you should be ok to install CM7 mr is really just a term used by the developer community

EdwardIII

Jul 9, 2011
Visit site
MR2 was thought to be next second official radio, which later became MR2.5 after they fixed a couple of things, or at least changed a few things... I believe CM7 used those two radio's to test their ROM, but like I said it will work with the latest radio... and I'm guessing, even though I have not seen it officially said on any webpage that the radio I'm using is probably MR3, since it's being used on the Official Gingerbread ROM on the Thunderbolt.

So do I need to download the LTE radio as well with the 2.11.605.3? And the MD5 numbers...when I get into HBOOT it will just start downloading the zip right away correct?

fatboy97

Aug 10, 2010
Visit site
So do I need to download the LTE radio as well with the 2.11.605.3? And the MD5 numbers...when I get into HBOOT it will just start downloading the zip right away correct?

There are two radio files.... CDMA and an LTE radio.

The MD5 Sum code numbers are something you need to check to be sure you got the correct file and it is not a corrupt file... personally I use a PC app called winMd5Sum... Google it if you want to know more about either the PC app or about MD5 Sum codes.

1. Download CDMA Radio file
2. Check MD5 sum code
3. Place file on your SD card
4. Boot into hBoot
5. If asked if you want to install, select YES
6. After it installs boot up.
7. Remove PG05IMG.zip file (CDMA Radio file).
8. Download LTE Radio file
9. Repeat steps 2-6
10. Remove PG05IMG.zip file (LTE Radio file).

Reactions: EdwardIII

EdwardIII

Jul 9, 2011
Visit site
Thanks....installing the new radio was a painless procedure...I just found the radio I wanted...put it on dropbox...sent it to SD card...went into hboot and bam! Two minutes later I have the new radio and I'm noticing the difference! Thanks for all the patience when dealing with us newbie s...much appreciated! I still need to install the lte radio so u answered my question.