I am starting to like Forever cubed

streetstrip01

Legalized Drug Dealer
Mar 20, 2011
Visit site
c6ba40e7-395a-df09.jpg

Normally I can go a day on a charge, and have 30% left over after 1 day. Here I am closing in on the 2nd day of moderate usage and still doing well. I want to let it go tonight and see where it will die at, but it has my pharmacy stuff on it for work. I would hate to explain to a patient's family that I was seeing how long my battery would last for, when the battery died and I couldn't check on drug interactions. Lol

Sent from my damn Thunderbolt

paintdrinkingpete

Dec 12, 2009
Visit site
Extended Battery?

I would assume extended as well. Even running with wifi connected I know I can get a full 24 hours out of mine, but I'm definitely pushing the limit at that point, certainly would not have 43% remaining.

The ROM is one factor, but before we can really judge this performance on the ROM itself, there is other information to know:

- Standard or Extended batt?
- Network: 3G, 4G, or wifi?
- Usage: Phone calls, browser sessions, accounts sync, streaming music/video/media, etc?
- Kernel settings: OC? Undervolt? Stock kernel, IMO, ADR, etc?

Again, I'm pretty sure I could come close to getting a screenshot like this on mine pretty easily, by setting my CPU down, using only WIFI, turning off all sync and basically not using the device at all and just letting it sit there. I'm assuming the OP did not do this, but none the less, the more info the better this post can serve everyone.

JerseyDubbin

Open Source For Life!
Mar 19, 2011
Visit site
Just turning off my exchange sync (set to 15 minutes now) would give me another couple hours but i take it off the charger around 6am and by 6pm it would be dead or below 15%. With heavy usage for texting, browsing, facebook, twitter, and exchange sync.

With my extended battery i was getting almost a full day of heavy usage so that's why I was thinking extended batt too.

If this is on standard batt im calling bs :)

streetstrip01

Legalized Drug Dealer
Mar 20, 2011
Visit site
Extended battery. Sync set to every 4 hours on everything. 4g except when at home and sometimes at work, then wifi. Most of the day at work I am running music off of my phone's SD card. During rounds I am hitting the apps/ google fairly hard.

I haven't touched the over/underclocking from whatever the default is.

Average amount of phone calls, 5-10 minute length and ~20 texts per day.

Average amount of Facebook and messing around.

defcon999

Aug 30, 2011
Visit site
Extended battery. Sync set to every 4 hours on everything. 4g except when at home and sometimes at work, then wifi. Most of the day at work I am running music off of my phone's SD card. During rounds I am hitting the apps/ google fairly hard.

I haven't touched the over/underclocking from whatever the default is.

Average amount of phone calls, 5-10 minute length and ~20 texts per day.

Average amount of Facebook and messing around.

I think I am going to try CUBED again. Everytime I do, I usually go back to my crutch of regular FOREVER. oh, the temptation..........I am like an alcoholic passing by a liquor store!

jdg1

Jul 16, 2010
Visit site
BAMF Cubed is my daily driver, I have tried every new (stable) ROM out and I always come back to my latest nandroid of BAMF Cubed.
Still waiting for something to knock it off the block!:D

Bolt_of_Thunder

Feb 17, 2011
Visit site
BAMF Cubed is my daily driver, I have tried every new (stable) ROM out and I always come back to my latest nandroid of BAMF Cubed.
Still waiting for something to knock it off the block!:D

Have you tried the new SkyRaider Zeus 1.0? Running it now and its pretty cool.

recDNA

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
I just loaded cubes 1.0.9 today and I like it so far. Love the changes to the notification bar. Not crazy about the animated pull down notification drawer so I hope they change the color.to make.it easier to read. I also prefer the bamf transparent rosie but the ROM works very well.

JerseyDubbin

Open Source For Life!
Mar 19, 2011
Visit site
I just loaded cubes 1.0.9 today and I like it so far. Love the changes to the notification bar. Not crazy about the animated pull down notification drawer so I hope they change the color.to make.it easier to read. I also prefer the bamf transparent rosie but the ROM works very well.

if you go to bamf forums you can download a static pulldown. Just flash it and you're good. It was the first thing I did once I installed the rom

recDNA

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
Just make sure to calibrate your battery.

I was having bad battery life until I did.

That might end up being a dealbreaker for me. I don't have the time to run my phone all the way down then charge all the way up. I am also getting bad battery life so far. Too bad. I like the rom.

streetstrip01

Legalized Drug Dealer
Mar 20, 2011
Visit site
That might end up being a dealbreaker for me. I don't have the time to run my phone all the way down then charge all the way up. I am also getting bad battery life so far. Too bad. I like the rom.

I just charged it to 100%, then calibrated it with the app.

recDNA

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
I literally did too but I don't like my chances of doing the recharge all in one step. If phone dies in my car I'm going to plug it in and finish in the house. Sheer luck if I get it done right. On my burn down now so need to post a lot just as I always do! LOL

When you said working great so far what do you mean? As I understand it we wont see results for a couple of days?

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pierre5463