Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

ROM
    Official 2.11.605.3

Question Best Cyanongen Mod Version for the T-Bolt

I'm (relatively) new to rooting, and I want to flash CM to my T-Bolt. Can someone provide a link to the best, latest version of CM for the T-Bolt? You can post in this thread or send me a PM.

TIA

-russ

HTC Thunderbolt
    Rooted using Revolutionary
    Running Official GB vers 2.11.605.3

Global Posts
    11,780 Global Posts
    ROM
    GS3: CleanROM / N4: AOKP

There's a thread for CM 7.1.1 in the Tbolt rooting and ROMs subforum. I've been running it for almost a month and it's a great ROM.

http://forums.androidcentral.com/showthread.php?t=122521

Sent using Tapatalk
    Thanked by:
    wxruss 
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

ROM
    Official 2.11.605.3

Default Re: Best Cyanongen Mod Version for the T-Bolt

Quote Originally Posted by NotJustAPhone View Post
    There's a thread for CM 7.1.1 in the Tbolt rooting and ROMs subforum. I've been running it for almost a month and it's a great ROM.

[ROM] Not fully Official CM7 for Thunderbolt. 7.1.1 Updated 10-2

Sent using Tapatalk
    Thank you!

Any bugs/glitches I should be aware of? Or does it run smooth out-of-the-box? I also read the a data/cache wipe isn't needed. Is that true?

Global Posts
    2,047 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Quote Originally Posted by wxruss View Post
    Thank you!

Any bugs/glitches I should be aware of? Or does it run smooth out-of-the-box? I also read the a data/cache wipe isn't needed. Is that true?
    you might have a Gps issue there should be a fix right in the thread. And a data and cache is absolutely needed. But you can back up your app data with titanium backup if you want before u flash cm7
    Thanked by:
    wxruss 

Default Re: Best Cyanongen Mod Version for the T-Bolt

Quote Originally Posted by wxruss View Post
    Thank you!

If you are running a Sense ROM, open the Navigation app and find a location and get a good GPS lock... then boot directly into Recovery before flashing the ROM. Also, remember to download the GAPPS, otherwise you will not get the Google Apps.

If you are flashing this ROM as an upgrade from a previous version then you might not have to clear data and cache... but coming from another ROM, then you better wipe data, wipe cache and wipe dalvik cache before flashing the ROM, then flash the GAPPS file, then boot up.
    Current: Moto X (2014) Pure Edition, ASUS ZenWatch, Pebble Steel, Chromecast
    Retired Device (in order): HTC One (M8), Samsung Galaxy S4, Droid Razr Maxx, HTC Thunderbolt, HTC myTouch 4G, Blackberry's Bold, 8900 (Curve)

Jerry: "Love, Peace, and Chicken Grease!!!"
    Thanked by:
    wxruss 
    Energy hoarder

Global Posts
    1,473 Global Posts
    ROM
    stock rooted

Liquid 3.1 do the GPS fix before flashing. Look it up on rootzwiki

Sent from my HTC ThunderBolt using Tapatalk

Global Posts
    11,780 Global Posts
    ROM
    GS3: CleanROM / N4: AOKP

Since you're already rooted, before you flash CM you should backup your app data using Titanium Backup (or another similar app) and perform a full backup of your current stock, rooted ROM. That way you can easily revert to your current setup.

Sent using Tapatalk