kernel decision need hellp!

EdwardIII

Jul 9, 2011
Visit site
i am wondering if this [Kernel] [Gb Sense] Leankernel: Minimalistic Kernel (5.0.1, 11/1/11) - RootzWiki imoseyon 5.01 kernel is a good kernel to go with when using das bamf forever 1.09

Is this Kernel good to use with any BAMF forever version or just 1.09? What about CyanogenMod7.1.1? Also installing a new kernel is it like installing a new radio or similar to installing a ROM? Sorry never changed Kernels before and would like to know what Im doing first...

rcmarks314

Jul 13, 2011
Visit site
Is this Kernel good to use with any BAMF forever version or just 1.09? What about CyanogenMod7.1.1? Also installing a new kernel is it like installing a new radio or similar to installing a ROM? Sorry never changed Kernels before and would like to know what Im doing first...

Check the stickies. They have all the info you need to flash a kernel. CyanogenMod is an AOSP ROM and is not compatible with a sense kernel. Imoseyon 5.01 kernel is for sense ROM's. He also makes AOSP kernels but I'm not sure which one is for AOSP. A little looking around will find the answer. Or someone else may chime in on this.

EDIT leanKernel: minimalistic kernel v5.0.3 is the latest from Imoseyon Dated 11-1-11

Last edited:

MhzMonster

Jan 2, 2011
Visit site
EDIT leanKernel: minimalistic kernel v5.0.3 is the latest from Imoseyon Dated 11-1-11

The latest I see is 5.0.1 dated 11/1/11. Is that a typo or am I missing something?

Sent from my Thunderbolt using Tapatalk

waker

Mar 11, 2011
Visit site
I just dumped this kernel. Back to ziggys. Was getting reboots and wired lines through my screen. Never an an issue with ziggy's.

I want to try adr's new kernal that is on my SD card too.

Sent from my Bolt via Tapatalk.

Last edited:

Wookie13

Dec 13, 2010
Visit site
Giving this kernel a shot know, seems to be a bit quicker so far, haven't adjusted much on it yet, but I am waiting to see how the battery looks after a day of usage here.

Thanks for the info, amazing how much more comfortable I am getting after a week of this stuff.

jackmei2

Sep 23, 2010
Visit site
I just dumped this kernel. Back to ziggys. Was getting reboots and wired lines through my screen. Never an an issue with ziggy's.

same here, I was having issues with IMO's kernel with it being really laggy. switched to ziggy's kernel and all is good.

Ed Witles

May 4, 2011
Visit site

Both zig's gives lines across - inside the beweather home page widget.

waker

Mar 11, 2011
Visit site
Both zig's gives lines across - inside the beweather home page widget.

Really? Never had that issue with ziggy's? Been running adrynaline's new kernal with zero issues. This wasn't a beweather issue. It was all home screens.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bnutz