1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Need to return to stock but have a bunch of problems

OK, I'm trying to go back to stock to do a return on my tbolt b/c something is chewing through the battery when it is on the charger. I keep getting an overheat warning for no reason. (Battery pull, battery left out, different battery, different charger, all the same, 'overheating'. It's the tbolt, not the charger or battery.)

Here's my dilemma: I'm trying to go back to stock, got the directions, easy enough. When I go into the bootloader and try to select "yes" to apply the update, I can't select it. Pressing up vol does nothing. I can't even make menu selections using up vol. Up vol button doesn't do anything. IOs there a way to reload the pg05img.zip without hitting up vol to confirm?

Any help is appreciated.

BTW I'm running CM7 and have had no issues at all with it. I'll try BAMF or another before surrendering completely.
    Robots Will Kill

Global Posts
    11,964 Global Posts

Default Re: Need to return to stock but have a bunch of problems

I've seen a few people mention that problem with the volume buttons... same thing was happening to me but after hitting the buttons 5-10 times they would eventually start responding. The problem has gone away since then.

Is it possible that the Kernel is causing the problem. Undervolted too much... Overclocked too much. I would try changing kernels and see what happens... it might not be placing nice with the phone.

How hot is the phone actually getting? Are you running anything like GPS/Navigation while it's on the charger? Have you tried going into Running Apps to see what's being used to cause this?
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

I've tried hitting up repeatedly, but no avail. Fast, slow, long, short, nothing will get it to register up vol.

The phone isn't hot at all. If I remove the battery, leave it out (over 20 min) and put it back in, the phone says it's overheating. The batter is actually cool to the touch. I'm thinking it may be a bad sensor.

BAMF is doing the same thing. I'm wondering how risky it is to try to return it with BAMF. BAMF looks like stock and the csr's at my local store aren't too bright...

ROM
    BAMF Forever 1.0.9

I have not had to use a ruu.exe on my Thunderbolt, but have used them on my incredible. It would basically flash the ruu from your pc and put your phone back to the way it was when you first took it out of the box. I would do some reading to see if that would work. Here is a link to some over on XDA