1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    297 Global Posts

Default Close To Rooting, HOWEVER...

I am very close to rooting my TB. Since GB and using some GO products to spice up the look of the device, I have been fairly happy. The phone has been behaving well, other than the standard complaints...battery, bloatware, etc.

So, my question is if I root the TB and decide to get another contraption, will I have to unroot the phone to register it with Verizon on my other data line? I have two...mine and the line my sis uses on my Friends And Family Plan. She currently has my DINC2 and will inherit the TB when I upgrade. Will this be a prob to move it to the other phone line?

Thanks in advance
    Blessings...Steve
    Rom 10.13

Global Posts
    1,280 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

I don't think it will be a problem. All you would need to do is get a sim card with your sisters number programed on it then plug it in. Call customer service instead of going into the store so they don't try to check out the phone. But does your sis want it rooted if she gets it?

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Global Posts
    297 Global Posts

Default Re: Close To Rooting, HOWEVER...

Amazingly good question *slaps forehead*
    Blessings...Steve
    Rom 10.13

Quote Originally Posted by anthony2558 View Post
    I don't think it will be a problem. All you would need to do is get a sim card with your sisters number programed on it then plug it in. Call customer service instead of going into the store so they don't try to check out the phone. But does your sis want it rooted if she gets it?

Actually my wife will inherit my tbolt and she does like it rooted however I want to be sure I understand the procedure. Can I call 611 and just ask them to send a sim card with my wife's number on it and send to me in the mail? I'll be buying a Nexus...do they have sim cards? If so can I just take my tbolt sim card and stick it in the Nexus? This is the first VZW phone I've ever owned with a sim card so I haven't got a clue.

Global Posts
    1,280 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Yup just call Verizon Customer Service and have them send you the SIM with your wifes number programed on it. If the Nexus is 4G and i'm sure it is then yes you should just be able to swap your SIM from the TB to the Nexus (assuming the Nexus is using the current size SIM cards). As soon as you turn it on It will do the rest of the process to activate itself.

Oh, so I have to hope its not a micro sim in the nexus. I never knew vzw would send out a sim card.

Global Posts
    1,280 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

I looked at some pics on the nexus. Seems to be the current size SIM card. Yup they will send it out to you. I've done it twice.

Thanked by:
    recDNA 

ROM
    Infected Eternity 3.5

according to what I have seen the nexus will have a sim card. If you are looking for a ROM I recommend using eternity infected... 49hrs on 67% battery...i'm a light/moderate user tho...