Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Results 1 to 9 of 9
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

    Default SetCPU in Tbolt

    I know it's free at xda but I just purchased setCPU from market. I've read such good things about it I figured it is well worth 2 bucks.

    Anyway I've got a tbolt running bamf 1.0.9 cubed.

    Any suggestions about what would be the best settings? I'm at low of 368 and high of 1 ghz currently on stock rom.

    Should I set some special profile?

    Thanks!
  2. #2  
    defcon999's Avatar

    Posts
    798 Posts
    ROM
    The ROM of the day...LOL

    Default Re: SetCPU in Tbolt

    Quote Originally Posted by recDNA View Post
    I know it's free here but I just purchased setCPU from market. I've read such good things about it I figured it is well worth 2 bucks.

    Anyway I've got a tbolt running bamf 1.0.9 cubed.

    Any suggestions about what would be the best settings? I'm at low of 368 and high of 1 ghz currently on stock rom.

    Should I set some special profile?

    Thanks!
    If I am not mistaken, there is a CPU setting within BAMF and you didn't need to buy that one

    368 seems to be ok. Try kicking it up a little....test it.....kick it a little more.....test it!
    With this RAZR, I get a close shave
    My Blog
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

    Default

    The next setting after 368 in bamf is 754. Isn't that too high for a low?

    I actually meant to post this thread in xda but I've already created it so i'll be interested in ideas here too. Setcpu allows special profiles. Is it worth setting one up?
  4. #4  
    HiPower's Avatar

    Posts
    87 Posts
    Global Posts
    138 Global Posts

    Default Re: SetCPU in Tbolt

    BAMF Forever 1.0.9
    Kernal - Test 3+
    OEM extended battery

    368min to 1.4max

    Works very well for me. Battery life has improved a lot. My first charge running the batt calibration yielded 2d 20h 56m 22s @ 2% remaining. This is with lighter usage than my normal daily routine.
  5. #5  
    mclarryjr's Avatar
    Retired Moderator

    Posts
    5,765 Posts
    Global Posts
    6,394 Global Posts
    ROM
    NOS M7 Sense 5.0

    Default Re: SetCPU in Tbolt

    I set a couple of custom profiles up to help battery life, one when charging and the other when the screen is off then I just under clock the high since I'm not using when either it's charging or screen is off.
  6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #6  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mclarryjr View Post
    I set a couple of custom profiles up to help battery life, one when charging and the other when the screen is off then I just under clock the high since I'm not using when either it's charging or screen is off.
    I just used the new bamf kernel to overclock to 1.28. I'll see how it goes before going to 1.4

    Will setcpu retain settings if I don't check apply on boot?
  7. #7  

    Default Re: SetCPU in Tbolt

    Quote Originally Posted by recDNA View Post
    I just used the new bamf kernel to overclock to 1.28. I'll see how it goes before going to 1.4

    Will setcpu retain settings if I don't check apply on boot?
    It will retain settings, however it wont OC/UC your phone until you open up the app.
  8. #8  

    Default Re: SetCPU in Tbolt

    Quote Originally Posted by recDNA View Post
    The next setting after 368 in bamf is 754. Isn't that too high for a low?

    I actually meant to post this thread in xda but I've already created it so i'll be interested in ideas here too. Setcpu allows special profiles. Is it worth setting one up?
    Hello again!

    My "standard" settings are as previously mentioned, 368 to 1.28, smoothass gov.

    I also have profiles set to lower the max CPU back down to 1024 when the screen is off, and to switch to the conservative governor with when the battery gets low.

    I don't think 754 is "too high" for a min setting, but your battery life may take a hit.

    I also don't think SetCPU is a bad investment at all, even with many ROMs offering CPU settings builtin. The use of profiles is great, and allows more control. Also, if you switch to ROM that doesn't have builtin CPU settings, you already have SetCPU and know how to use it.
  9. Thread Author  Thread Author    #9  

    Default

    Having fun so far

Posting Permissions