Mods close this thread.

panitsos

Feb 6, 2011
Visit site
Re: ☆ ★ROM InfectedROM Eternity? | NIGHTLYS | Sense 3.5 | XE BEA

I'm an Android noob. The T-bolt is my first smartphone and I just got it last week. A little late to the party, I know, lol.

After reading through this, all I can say is Wow, this sounds incredible!

I'm just worried that I may screw up my phone.

How easy is it for a person of reasonable intelligence to a)root their phone and b) install this or other custom ROMs without ruining their phone beyond repair?

well when i first got my tbolt there was a whole step by step process you had to do to root it, now there is a program where you just punch in some info about your phone and it does it for you, its incredibly easy dont worry about it. Roms are fairly easy to install the first one is always the hardest but there are step by step instructions on here which make it virtually fool proof.

AngryDingo

Dec 4, 2011
Visit site

Thanks for the reply. I watched the YouTube video about how to root your phone with revolutionary and it seems really easy. What are some things I should watch out for. As in common issues and what not. THANKS!

Comineeyeaha

Apr 11, 2010
Visit site

I haven't used a Sense ROM in a while (got MIUI on day one, then went to CM7 again and haven't left), I think I'll try this one out. I'll probably switch back, though, I love me some AOSP.

Edit: Ok, this is going to sound REALLY stupid, but where the hell is the download link?

Another Edit: Never mind, I think. I found this one http://www.androidfilehost.com/main...rus/Eternity/SVN_Nightly/eternity-tb-r129.zip

Last edit: my phone froze every time I tried to install my titanium backup key. I don't have time to mess with it tonight, so I'm back to CM7. Oh well.

Last edited:

z71kris

What does that do?
Apr 19, 2011
Visit site

Try 134 . Flash it clean. Wipe it.

Also please please check infectedrom.com for any update or for any help. Also the nightlys are done, the svn has been shut down.

I haven't used a Sense ROM in a while (got MIUI on day one, then went to CM7 again and haven't left), I think I'll try this one out. I'll probably switch back, though, I love me some AOSP.

Edit: Ok, this is going to sound REALLY stupid, but where the hell is the download link?

Another Edit: Never mind, I think. I found this one http://www.androidfilehost.com/main...rus/Eternity/SVN_Nightly/eternity-tb-r129.zip

Last edit: my phone froze every time I tried to install my titanium backup key. I don't have time to mess with it tonight, so I'm back to CM7. Oh well.

posted from my Infected Thunderbolt

rob_ashsu

Feb 11, 2010
Visit site

so if this rom isn't worth the 5hr wait its going to take to download (which by the way is a mystery to me, i pay for excellent wifi service), i'm going to be pissed

lady.grey18

Feb 14, 2011
Visit site

Aye...I appologize if this has been brought up. To be quite honest I have been doing wipes and flashes for the past...ummm, 5-6 hours trying to find a new ROM I like. Well, I like this one, just one issue. Basically 99.8% of the apps I have downloaded, some paid for, are somehow not linked to my account when I bring up the Market. Any fix for this?

panitsos

Feb 6, 2011
Visit site

Try 134 . Flash it clean. Wipe it.

Also please please check infectedrom.com for any update or for any help. Also the nightlys are done, the svn has been shut down.

that link doesnt work, but ty anyway

posted from my Infected Thunderbolt

Upstreammiami

Apr 18, 2010
Visit site

Aye...I appologize if this has been brought up. To be quite honest I have been doing wipes and flashes for the past...ummm, 5-6 hours trying to find a new ROM I like. Well, I like this one, just one issue. Basically 99.8% of the apps I have downloaded, some paid for, are somehow not linked to my account when I bring up the Market. Any fix for this?

try clear data on the market and let it seat for a while can even try a reboot. and also make sure your using the right gmail account

milwaukee613

Mar 20, 2011
Visit site

Been trying to flash the latest version from the website, but I cant get it to proceed past the Htc splash screen.

any ideas?

I have done it via a "dirty" flash.

Do i need to have a clean flash?

Upstreammiami

Apr 18, 2010
Visit site

Been trying to flash the latest version from the website, but I cant get it to proceed past the Htc splash screen.

any ideas?

I have done it via a "dirty" flash.

Do i need to have a clean flash?

you should do this every time your stuck in the splash screen

InfectedBully

Nov 10, 2011
Visit site

One of two reasons. Either the one of the many checks that the market does screwed you up or you simple need to reconnect them with TiBu. I've posted a market fix on InfectedRom.com and thats where all future support for this rom will be handled.
http://InfectedRom.com Go here for the latest builds and all future support. Thanks!

Sent from my rooted, Dark Horse(hopefully soon) INFECTED Eternity bolt running Ziggys latest.

Verapakill

Jul 17, 2010
Visit site
I am very confused for some reason I can not connect to my wifi since using this rom. I have the correct password word but it still won't connect. Any suggestions???

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk

defcon999

Aug 30, 2011
Visit site

I am very confused for some reason I can not connect to my wifi since using this rom. I have the correct password word but it still won't connect. Any suggestions???

Pardon me if this comes off as arrogant....is your password CASE sensitive. I was having the same issue, only to realize that it was due to the fact that I was typing lowercase instead of uppercase.

I am running build 129 right now.

Verapakill

Jul 17, 2010
Visit site
Pardon me if this comes off as arrogant....is your password CASE sensitive. I was having the same issue, only to realize that it was due to the fact that I was typing lowercase instead of uppercase.

I am running build 129 right now.

I'm not sure but I have tried both upper and lower case and nothing works

defcon999

Aug 30, 2011
Visit site

Well I gave it a shot but no wifi connection and a camera bug was enough to swap back to my last rom

What build of the INFECTED ROM where you installing?. I started with 84, and then went to 124 and it was buggy so I went back to BAMF. Then I decided to give INFECTED another try and then I flashed 129 and then 134. I did notice that 134 was buggy for me (IMHO), so I went back to 129. I might try 142 (or whatever the latest is).

That is the beauty of being rooted and flashing.....if you don't like something or want something different.....REFLASH.......try that on an iPhone....LOLOLOL:p

Verapakill

Jul 17, 2010
Visit site
What build of the INFECTED ROM where you installing?. I started with 84, and then went to 124 and it was buggy so I went back to BAMF. Then I decided to give INFECTED another try and then I flashed 129 and then 134. I did notice that 134 was buggy for me (IMHO), so I went back to 129. I might try 142 (or whatever the latest is).

That is the beauty of being rooted and flashing.....if you don't like something or want something different.....REFLASH.......try that on an iPhone....LOLOLOL:p

I dont know what build I tried but I will look into it and maybe give it another go because CM7 is giving me some gps problems as well

pingplayer01

Sep 28, 2011
Visit site

i just flashed this rom and i'm not noticing a difference with beats audio. whether its disabled or enabled, i don't notice a difference

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Xd3dp1gX