Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By yodatom10
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

ROM
    BAMF Forever 1.11 3++

Default Convert a Thunderbolt to an iPod

Gang -

Should I happen to get a tbolt on the cheap, is/are there any roms that effectively remove the phone portion from the device?

It would make a great mini tablet for my daughter. Given the fact that I hear so many rumors that the tbolt is pretty much left for dead.

But mine is SO happy!

Global Posts
    2,048 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Default Re: Convert a Thunderbolt to an iPod

to start with the thunderbolt has not be left to die.

as for your question there is no rom that will do this but a very simple solution root the phone use rootexplore to delete phone.apk. and superuser.apk. so your daughter will have no root ability to mess anything up and the phone will just force close when pressed.
    I'm a android know it all with too much time on my hands
    If I've helped you make sure to hit that thanks button
    z71kris likes this.

ROM
    NuSense ICS

Why not just buy your daughter a viewsonic gtablet, cheaper than a used tbolt, prerooted on ebay running cm7. I bought mine New and rooted and put cm7 on it and its a great tablet. Amazing. 10" NVIDIA tablet. Cheaper than tbolt, and no phone capabilities. Just WiFi.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk

The Samsung Galaxy Players might be a good option. WiFi only, pretty good front and rear cameras, and Android Market.