Can't Remove/Uninstall Bloatware

HardRockerKH

Nov 16, 2011
Visit site
I recently rooted by TBolt using the revolutionary.io process. I downloaded Titanium Backup as well as super manager to be able to remove the bloatware from my phone. When I move or delete the apps with Super Manager, it simply makes a copy of them into the new folder or just doesn't delete them. Titanium has had a little more success as I can uninstall some unwated apps (VZNavigator, Golf). However, some other apps like Rhapsody and Slacker won't uninstall or will freeze Titanium.

I've read through the forums on this topic and so far the only solutions I've found are to reboot the phone, which I've tried via the normal shutdown as well as the restart option. Does anyone have some advice or had the same problem and found a solution to it? Thanks!

fatboy97

Aug 10, 2010
Visit site
1. Do you have the app called Superuser loaded?

2. Are you sure you are rooted? First, remove or rename any files on the root of your SD card called PG05IMG.zip. Next boot into hboot... power down, then press and hold the Volume Down button, then with that button held down press and hold the Power button, hold both down for at least 10 seconds, then let the Power button go, the the Volume Down button... you will boot up into the hboot screen... on the top line... look for S-On or S-Off... which do you have??? S-On is security on meaning you are not rooted... S-Off is security off meaning you are rooted. After that, select reboot and follow the direction on the screen to boot up.

HardRockerKH

Nov 16, 2011
Visit site
SuperUser is loaded. PG05IMG.zip is no where to be found. And it is in S-Off mode. As an update, it is only Slacker that is giving me this issue as of now. All of the other verizon crap is gone but I just can't figure out how to rid it of Slacker...

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pierre5463