Sense 3.5 on thunderbolt

honex97

Dec 23, 2010
Visit site
I've been looking around on a good tutorial on how to install sense 3.5 on my tbolt and all the YouTube videos are old from before the tbolt was updated to gingerbread. Is there an easy to follow tutorial on how to do it on gingerbread?

Sent from my Thunderbolt using Tapatalk

yodatom10

Mar 20, 2011
Visit site
Are u rooted yet? If not I would check out on YouTube how to root the Thunderbolt with revolutionary and there is a great video. If you are rooted you should check out how to flash roms that is stickeyd in this section

honex97

Dec 23, 2010
Visit site
No I'm not rooted I was a while ago but unrooted because I didn't do anything that required root so but after playing with my friends rezound I would like the new sense

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk

May 2, 2010
Visit site
If you want a different version of sense, you need a different rom. For that, you'll need to have the bootloader unlocked and a custom recovery installed. Generally, people include this as "rooted."

Then you'll need to find a custom rom that has 3.5 in it. You can't just "install" a new version of sense without a rom update - at least realistically.

defcon999

Aug 30, 2011
Visit site
No I'm not rooted I was a while ago but unrooted because I didn't do anything that required root so but after playing with my friends rezound I would like the new sense

BAMF SoaB is an AMAZING ROM. I ran it for a little while. Currently I am running Infected Eternity ROM which is a Sense 3.5 OS.

I am thinking of trying SoaB again.

paintdrinkingpete

Dec 12, 2009
Visit site

If you want a different version of sense, you need a different rom. For that, you'll need to have the bootloader unlocked and a custom recovery installed. Generally, people include this as "rooted."

Then you'll need to find a custom rom that has 3.5 in it. You can't just "install" a new version of sense without a rom update - at least realistically.

Just to add to this...

You can't just install "Sense x.x" or whatever onto your OS like an app. Sense is highly integrated into the Android OS for the device itself.

The current official OS version of Gingerbread for the TBolt runs Sense 2.1 (I think). If you want Sense 3.5, your options are to convince HTC/Verizon to release a Sense 3.5 version of GB for the Thunderbolt (good luck), OR install a custom ROM that has Sense 3.5 builtin (which would require root).

paintdrinkingpete

Dec 12, 2009
Visit site
Help i'm trying to root my thunderbolt it keep falling:(

This is one instance where you should probably start a new thread (or at least search through the ones here to see if your issue is similar to others)...

To help you, we would need additional info, such as:
What is your current OS version?
What method(s) are you trying to use to root?
What specific problems are you running into?

Check the stickies on this sub-forum. The Revolutionary method is the current root method, however if you have the latest OS version, you'll have to downgrade first.

traumahawk

Jan 12, 2011
Visit site
infectedrom has sense 3.5. super stable. been my daily driver for months. the nightlys are all just as stable. great support. love it

cdsnowakesk8

Jan 22, 2012
Visit site
Sorry if im bringing up an old thread or anything but can someone tell me the requirements besides rooting to run sense 3.5? I.e. flash radios or anything in that region

fatboy97

Aug 10, 2010
Visit site
Sorry if im bringing up an old thread or anything but can someone tell me the requirements besides rooting to run sense 3.5? I.e. flash radios or anything in that region

Should be nothing at all... if you've been running any Gingerbread ROM that is... because you of course would need a Gingerbread Radio.... I'm hoping you are not coming from a Froyo ROM.

cdsnowakesk8

Jan 22, 2012
Visit site
I was rooted before i found i was running froyo. I unrooted 30 minutes later because i found out i couldnt do anything without flashing every single thing. that was a few months ago using the revolutionary s-off method. i have the latest update as of now which is droid version 2.3.4 and sense 2.1. i just want to make sure there was nothing to it besides downloading and installing the sense 3.5 rom.

Forgetful

Energy hoarder
Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
I was rooted before i found i was running froyo. I unrooted 30 minutes later because i found out i couldnt do anything without flashing every single thing. that was a few months ago using the revolutionary s-off method. i have the latest update as of now which is droid version 2.3.4 and sense 2.1. i just want to make sure there was nothing to it besides downloading and installing the sense 3.5 rom.

Are you rooted right now? If so then all you need to do is download the rom and flash it after backing up your apps/data.

scottstatn

Feb 13, 2011
Visit site
I have used both BAMF Soab and the Infected Eternity Roms both I which are Sense 3.5 based. I prefer Eternity myself. There is Mikrunny that is Sense 3.5 to but I am waiting till they get v1. 03 up before I give it a try. Also don't forget if you are fully up to date with the over the air updates (605. 9) then you will have to flash the 605.5 RUU first for Revolutionary to work.

From my Infected Thunderbolt using Tapatalk.

cdsnowakesk8

Jan 22, 2012
Visit site
yeah. i read up on it last night right when i was going to start the root. should i wait for a new root method to come out or flash the 605.5? ive never flashed anything so i do not want to do something if i do not fully understand it. im sure theres a sticki or something on google. thanks for all the help though

scottstatn

Feb 13, 2011
Visit site
I know what you mean some of this stuff can seem daunting but it is easy. Just follow the guide below:

http://forums.androidcentral.com/showthread.php?t=123060

Then follow this link for backing up and installing Roms:

http://forums.androidcentral.com/showthread.php?t=77350

and here is a link for the 605.5 RUU

http://www.thunderboltforums.com/forum/htc-thunderbolt-development/7218-how-downgrade-get-s-off-after-updating-latest-ota-2-11-605-9-a.html

Hope it all helps.

From my Infected Thunderbolt using Tapatalk.

Last edited:

Forgetful

Energy hoarder
Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
Use the methods for rooting and installing roms in the stickies in this forum.

Either of the 3.5 roms should be fine.

Sent from my HTC ThunderBolt using Tapatalk

cdsnowakesk8

Jan 22, 2012
Visit site
thanks guys i just did the 605.5 downgrade but i have the pink highlighted locked on my bootloader screen. is that normal? i looked around and ive seen that it is rootable but custom roms can't be flashed.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelsea rae