BAMF Forever 1.10 FINAL is out

DirtMcGirt

Feb 8, 2011
Visit site
Ok, this ROM was pretty good to me for a month or so... then I reverted back to the old school and loaded up BAMF Remix 1.8.6 and damn, I think I'm just gonna stay with it. Absolutely zero problems with anything & everything runs so much faster. Battery is not as good but I just got a PowerSkin & phone stays on for 2 days w/out a charge.

wlong99

Jan 20, 2011
Visit site
Hi,

so I updated to 1.10 and installed kernal 3++. I tried to overclock the processor in bamf settings and works fine but every time i reboot my phone it goes back to the default setting and not stay at what speed i want it to be... is there a way to fix that?

Thanks

tayswg20

May 10, 2011
Visit site
Just flashed a couple days ago. This was my first Root and ROM on Android. Glad i picked this one cause its awesome. I just kept the kernel the same but overclocked it to 1.4ghz. Is there a kernel you recommend to go with this particular ROM. I'm looking to Overclock and Undervolt if possible but i didnt see any option to Undervolt with the current kernel. I'll be donating within the next couple days. Great job.

mfancy

Mar 9, 2011
Visit site
Just flashed a couple days ago. This was my first Root and ROM on Android. Glad i picked this one cause its awesome. I just kept the kernel the same but overclocked it to 1.4ghz. Is there a kernel you recommend to go with this particular ROM. I'm looking to Overclock and Undervolt if possible but i didnt see any option to Undervolt with the current kernel. I'll be donating within the next couple days. Great job.

I just flashed the 3++ kernel the other day. Getting pretty good battery life with it so far. I'm at about 9 hours right now and I'm at 68%. I've been using 3G all day while I'm at work.

Reactions: tayswg20

tayswg20

May 10, 2011
Visit site
I just flashed the 3++ kernel the other day. Getting pretty good battery life with it so far. I'm at about 9 hours right now and I'm at 68%. I've been using 3G all day while I'm at work.

I'm flashing that one as i type this. In addition to what you've said, i've also read in a few other forums that this ROM and the 3++ kernel go well together. So i guess i'm gonna try it and hopefully i'll get the same outcome as you did. I did have one other question though..... Where can i find out what themes are compatible with this ROM. I'd like to try a few different ones out, some of them look pretty sweet but i wanna make sure i don't ef anything up. Thanks in advance for helping a noob out :)

TG

Last edited:

tayswg20

May 10, 2011
Visit site
I'm flashing that one as i type this. In addition to what you've said, i've also read in a few other forums that this ROM and the 3++ kernel go well together. So i guess i'm gonna try it and hopefully i'll get the same outcome as you did. I did have one other question though..... Where can i find out what themes are compatible with this ROM. I'd like to try a few different ones out, some of them look pretty sweet but i wanna make sure i don't ef anything up. Thanks in advance for helping a noob out :)

TG

Nm, i found the answer to my theme question on the BAMF forums. :) Oh and i've been running the 3++ kernel for about 6 hours now and its running oh so smoooooth. My inner geek wants to giggle and jump up and down lol. But seriously, even at the same clock speed it made a difference. Of course i still haven't had a chance yet to gauge the battery life but hopefully that'll fall into place as well.

mfancy

Mar 9, 2011
Visit site
The 3++ kernel is giving my TB amazing battery life. I'm going usually 18+ hours now w/o a problem and that's with the screen being on at least 2 1/2 hours

fatboy97

Aug 10, 2010
Visit site
I finally loaded Forever 1.11 again... and this time installed the 3++ Kernel... one day later I'm very happy I did and enjoying this ROM... and just in case some of you are not sure where these two things are and how to download them... I'm not going to post their links, but here are the links to the exact posts:

1. BAMF Forever 1.11: [GB][2.11.605.5][Sense3.0]BAMF Forever 1.10 FINAL - Page 601
2. It's called "Test Batch 3++": [KERNEL][2.6.35.10][BETA]Test 3

fatboy97

Aug 10, 2010
Visit site
When installing a Kernel do you load the ROM 1st and then go back intoHboot and flas the Kernel???

I did reply to your PM, but for any others that might look at this thread...

Flash the ROM, then flash the Kernel the same as you install a ROM... you do not have to boot up between installs... and DO NOT try to install a Kernel via the hBoot screen.

fatboy97

Aug 10, 2010
Visit site
do any of you know if the sense 2.0 answer screen patch works for 1.11? thanks in advance

I don't think you need the sense 2.0 answer screen patch... at least this is what Adrynalyne said in the 1.11 comments I linked to a couple posts ago:

BAMF Forever 1.11 TEST.

Please look for fixes to:
--Slowness with included kernel.
--Sense 3.x call answer bug.

Things to check:
Data speeds on 4G.
Bluetooth connectivity.
Anything phone related.

Personally, I've been very lucky and never seen that problem.

dcobb1967

Aug 17, 2011
Visit site
I think I bricked my phone. Here's what happened — using my iMac, I downloaded the BAMF Forever 1.10 zip file. Macintosh computers like to automatically unzip zipped files so I rezipped it. I then followed all the instructions from the Team BAMF forums with regard to flashing a ROM. After wiping everything including the Dalvik Cache and Battery Stats, I selected "Install zip from sdcard." Within the first couple of seconds, it failed on me and the installation was aborted.

Now, when I try to restart the phone, I'm stuck on the white background with the green HTC logo. It's hung up there because I obviously wiped everything. I'm pretty certain the problem is from the original .zipped ROM being unzipped and then rezipped. Is there anything I can do at this point?

fatboy97

Aug 10, 2010
Visit site
I think I bricked my phone. Here's what happened ? using my iMac, I downloaded the BAMF Forever 1.10 zip file. Macintosh computers like to automatically unzip zipped files so I rezipped it. I then followed all the instructions from the Team BAMF forums with regard to flashing a ROM. After wiping everything including the Dalvik Cache and Battery Stats, I selected "Install zip from sdcard." Within the first couple of seconds, it failed on me and the installation was aborted.

Now, when I try to restart the phone, I'm stuck on the white background with the green HTC logo. It's hung up there because I obviously wiped everything. I'm pretty certain the problem is from the original .zipped ROM being unzipped and then rezipped. Is there anything I can do at this point?

Yes... don't panic.

You should buy a cheap little USB Adapter for your SD Card, so you can download the ROM again and put it directly on your SD card... if possible do this at the library or someplace with a PC.

Then with your device totally powered off and the sd card with your newly downloaded ROM in your device... hold down the Volume Down button, then press and hold the Power button, hold both down for about 5-10 seconds... your device will boot up in hBoot mode, a white screen with writing on... this is where you normally boot up to load a new Radio... select Recovery... wipe data, wipe cache, and wipe dalvik cache, then install your new ROM.

If you don't know how to do this in Recovery, then you can also see instructions in the link in my signature below on the "[Tbolt] How to for ROMs" link, which goes the sticky thread at the top of this forum.

Reactions: BostonBeats88

dcobb1967

Aug 17, 2011
Visit site
Yes... don't panic.

You should buy a cheap little USB Adapter for your SD Card, so you can download the ROM again and put it directly on your SD card... if possible do this at the library or someplace with a PC.

Then with your device totally powered off and the sd card with your newly downloaded ROM in your device... hold down the Volume Down button, then press and hold the Power button, hold both down for about 5-10 seconds... your device will boot up in hBoot mode, a white screen with writing on... this is where you normally boot up to load a new Radio... select Recovery... wipe data, wipe cache, and wipe dalvik cache, then install your new ROM.

If you don't know how to do this in Recovery, then you can also see instructions in the link in my signature below on the "[Tbolt] How to for ROMs" link, which goes the sticky thread at the top of this forum.

Ahhhh, of course. Thank you fatboy97! I was able to flash the 1.10 ROM and recover everything. Phone is back to normal and working properly! This forum and those on it (like yourself) are a tremendous resource!

wildman

Jul 9, 2010
Visit site
I don't think you need the sense 2.0 answer screen patch... at least this is what Adrynalyne said in the 1.11 comments I linked to a couple posts ago:

Personally, I've been very lucky and never seen that problem.

Care to share the link to the BAMF Forever 1.11 because I have searched and links are simply bouncing from link to link and I cant seem to locate it with search on BAMF site?

fatboy97

Aug 10, 2010
Visit site

Care to share the link to the BAMF Forever 1.11 because I have searched and links are simply bouncing from link to link and I cant seem to locate it with search on BAMF site?

Go back an entire page... Post #149.... the first is 1.11 which will go to TeamBAMF's website and you need to have an account setup to use their site... and it also has a link to 3++ Kernel, which is on TeamBAMF again, just scroll down the first post to find 3++ download link.

Reactions: wildman

wildman

Jul 9, 2010
Visit site
Go back an entire page... Post #149.... the first is 1.11 which will go to TeamBAMF's website and you need to have an account setup to use their site... and it also has a link to 3++ Kernel, which is on TeamBAMF again, just scroll down the first post to find 3++ download link.

Thanks I totally missed that post.. :confused::D