Best update

mort3770

Mar 26, 2011
Visit site
I don't visit here often, and I'm not a root techie, and hope for a little direction...

My HTC Thunderbolt is rooted with the BAMF_FOREVER.

Kernal version: 2.6.35.10-ge83693
htc-kernal@and18-2 #1
Thu Aug 11 2011

Android version: 2.3.4

Software Number 2.11.605.0

PRI Version: 1.41_002, 1.64_002

PRL version: 15-61

What I am looking for today is to perhaps update to the most current/best root, not have to lose my data and apps, and most importantly, have the Voicemail notification work.

Can someone point me in the right direction?

Last edited:

fatboy97

Aug 10, 2010
Visit site
If you already have BAMF Forever, and upgrade to the most recent release BAMF Forever 1.10 Final you WILL NOT loose your app. Recommend using MyBackup Root to backup your game data and other apps data.... also it would be a good idea to remove your BAMF_Extras folder from your SD Card right before you boot into Recovery to flash this ROM... plus do a full Data wipe and wipe cache, and wipe Dalvik Cache before installing the new ROM. After you log into your Gmail account, then finish the initial setup, start the Market app and all your apps will download again. After the apps have downloaded, start MyBackup Root app and restore your data... it will ask you to reboot... do that and you will have your data back.

Reactions: mort3770

mort3770

Mar 26, 2011
Visit site
Thanks, Fatboy97. You helped me root my phone the first time. I will give your suggestion a try. Thanks!

This update will fix the voicemail notifications and not being able to answer some incoming calls?

fatboy97

Aug 10, 2010
Visit site
Thanks, Fatboy97. You helped me root my phone the first time. I will give your suggestion a try. Thanks!

This update will fix the voicemail notifications and not being able to answer some incoming calls?

I do not know of any issues with voicemail notification or answering issues... I use Google Voice, and I've never seen any answering issues ever with any ROM, but have heard of some a long time ago. It's always a good idea to read as much about a new ROM release... if you really like Das BAMF you should check out their website: Team BAMF Forums - Home and read straight from the source... there is a Thunderbolt forum... great place for info direct from the programmers.

dually

Jan 16, 2011
Visit site
As long as you flash a custom rom, it's probably already rooted.

You can backup your app data with titanium and then restore to a new rom, but you probably shouldn't try to restore system data.

Often when updating your existing rom with a newer version, you can leave your data intact by formatting /system, wiping the cache, wiping dalvik cache, but not doing factory reset or formatting /data. But make backups in case it doesn't work.

Any bug such as notifications can prolly be fixed by updating your rom or trying a different rom.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AmeliaRodriguez