Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
Like Tree30Likes

Default Re: Offering Root Service

Hi, I think i would like to try BAMF forever cubed build 129. Can you load that in for me?
    Rosie
  2. Thread Author  Thread Author    #77  

Global Posts
    2,192 Global Posts
    ROM
    JB

Quote Originally Posted by irocroe View Post
    Hi, I think i would like to try BAMF forever cubed build 129. Can you load that in for me?
    sure hit me up around 9am
    I'm the ROOT man
    G Talk: Upstreammiami3o5
    Let me help you ROOT your phone

Hi Hi. I saw the forever cubed and it looks really nice.
    Rosie

can you root any phones? i have an LG GW620 that i got a friend to root it from 1.5 to 2.2. I tried to flash to the new 2.3 to my phone, it works..kinda, but i'm having issues from there. 1) wifi says error constantly 2) gapps won't install, even if it asks me to log in, i don't have internet to sign in (i don't have a data plan, i run on wifi). I can't even downgrade it back to 2.2 or 1.5 =(. Because of this, i can't make outgoing or receieve incoming calls. Funny how i got ONE call coming through, which was my boss -_-', I can text at least..but that's about it.

I'm really consider going through with you service, but honestly, I am a little hesitant as well. I really appreciate your service and your off though.
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #80  

Global Posts
    2,192 Global Posts
    ROM
    JB

Quote Originally Posted by happybutter View Post
    can you root any phones? i have an LG GW620 that i got a friend to root it from 1.5 to 2.2. I tried to flash to the new 2.3 to my phone, it works..kinda, but i'm having issues from there. 1) wifi says error constantly 2) gapps won't install, even if it asks me to log in, i don't have internet to sign in (i don't have a data plan, i run on wifi). I can't even downgrade it back to 2.2 or 1.5 =(. Because of this, i can't make outgoing or receieve incoming calls. Funny how i got ONE call coming through, which was my boss -_-', I can text at least..but that's about it.

I'm really consider going through with you service, but honestly, I am a little hesitant as well. I really appreciate your service and your off though.
    ok so you rooted the phone and flashed a 2.3 rom and now ur having issues ?
    I'm the ROOT man

Hey UpStreamMiami,

would it be ok to try and root Sunday? I can work my day's schedule to sync with your free and helpful time.

thanks.
    TI-83 >> HP 12c >> Blackberry Storm (9530) >> HTC Thunderbolt >> Moto X (2nd Gen.)
    עם ישראל חי
  7. Thread Author  Thread Author    #82  

Global Posts
    2,192 Global Posts
    ROM
    JB

Quote Originally Posted by Green_Laser View Post
    Hey UpStreamMiami,

would it be ok to try and root Sunday? I can work my day's schedule to sync with your free and helpful time.

thanks.
    i will finishing my tat at 1pm (eastern time) so anytime before would be great
    I'm the ROOT man

yeah upstreammiami. i got it to run 2.3 but exactly what you said. i'm having issues. my wifi keeps saying error. everytim i restart my phone, it'll allow me to "turn on wifi" but then it'll go into straight "error." Also, i cannot make any phone calls either. i can receive only as well as texting. I'm suspecting it has to do with installing the gapps? i tried to install it through the sd card, but it's not letting me, plus it all leads back to me not having wifi to register into google.
  9. Thread Author  Thread Author    #84  

Global Posts
    2,192 Global Posts
    ROM
    JB

Quote Originally Posted by happybutter View Post
    yeah upstreammiami. i got it to run 2.3 but exactly what you said. i'm having issues. my wifi keeps saying error. everytim i restart my phone, it'll allow me to "turn on wifi" but then it'll go into straight "error." Also, i cannot make any phone calls either. i can receive only as well as texting. I'm suspecting it has to do with installing the gapps? i tried to install it through the sd card, but it's not letting me, plus it all leads back to me not having wifi to register into google.
    try another rom,
    I'm the ROOT man

If the thunderbolt doesn't get an official ICS update I will take the OP up on his post when they have bug free working builds of it.

I am ready to do the ROM...
    Rosie

Hi UpStreamMiami,

i'm here too.

I can do this before 1pm if it's still ok with you with timing and all.
    TI-83 >> HP 12c >> Blackberry Storm (9530) >> HTC Thunderbolt >> Moto X (2nd Gen.)
    עם ישראל חי
  13. Thread Author  Thread Author    #88  

Global Posts
    2,192 Global Posts
    ROM
    JB

Hi UpStreamMiami,

i'm here too.

I can do this before 1pm if it's still ok with you with timing and all.
    hit me up
    I'm the ROOT man

shows i invited you on gtalk
    עם ישראל חי
  15. Thread Author  Thread Author    #90  

Global Posts
    2,192 Global Posts
    ROM
    JB

shows i invited you on gtalk
    whats urs i dont have requests
    I'm the ROOT man

i know you said no pm's though i sent it to you there
    עם ישראל חי

All I can say is this: Upstreammami is AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! He talked me through putting a new ROM on my phone. Very patient and very helpful. Answered all my questions and even laughed a bit. Thank you. I do hope that we can be friends!!!! You are great!!!:
    You made my day!!!
    Rosie
    Upstreammiami likes this.

TO anyone who hasn't found the time to root and would like to do so with guided assistance.. contact UPSTREAMMIAMI !! :-D

He just took the time to help me gain root, guided me through Rom Manager & Titanium Backup, and helped me load a custom Rom too (Bamf Cubed 1.0.8 & 1.0.9).

But it's not only that, you are dealing with a very cool guy who has lots of patience who is ready for any question, as well as takes the time to explain when,what,where,why & how you do it .

i can't thank him enough.

Thanks again!
    עם ישראל חי
    Upstreammiami likes this.

Global Posts
    3,645 Global Posts
    ROM
    Latest OTA Official ROM

Although I haven't personally taken advantage of upstreammiami's offer, I just wanted to say thanks for what is obviously a very sincere and highly appreciated service. Great to see this on this board.

-Frank
    [HTC Thunderbolt 4G/LTE!]
    It's not your dream phone. It's the one after that!
    Look here for a [VZW Coverage Map] to check your area. Select 4G before hitting [Refresh]
  20. Thread Author  Thread Author    #95  

Global Posts
    2,192 Global Posts
    ROM
    JB

Quote Originally Posted by FrankXS View Post
    Although I haven't personally taken advantage of upstreammiami's offer, I just wanted to say thanks for what is obviously a very sincere and highly appreciated service. Great to see this on this board.

-Frank

Thanks man
    I'm the ROOT man
    Thanked by:

Thank you again!!!!!!!!
    Rosie

Hey everybody,

I took upstreamiami up on his offer to remotely root my thunderbolt.

I just sat there and watched, and followed his instructions. It couldn't have been any easier. I have been out of touch with this stuff since I got rid of my oh droid.

I highly recommend it if you've been holding out rooting. Bye bye bloat.

Thanks upstreamiami. Donation on its way.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk

winflasher said i have an error everytime i try to flash a new system. the boot would work, but i keep getting an error for the system part. i can't even flash back the old 2.2 rom =(
  24. Thread Author  Thread Author    #99  

Global Posts
    2,192 Global Posts
    ROM
    JB

winflasher ?
    I'm the ROOT man

its openetna winflasher. i used that to originally flashed the 2.3 onto my 2.2 froyo. iono how to rest it to factory even though i pressted the home+volume down+camera button =( so complicated...=( any ideas? i can't run any new roms onto it because everytime i try to flash a new system using winflasher i get an error report
Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast