VZW Backup Assistant

rholemodel

Jun 19, 2011
Visit site
I've rooted and installed a new ROM but I'm seeing that google doesn't have all my contacts and I'm needing VZW backup assistant back temporarily so I can import them to google. Does anyone have the apk for backup assistant.

fatboy97

Aug 10, 2010
Visit site
I believe it's available on most Sense ROMs... either you could download a ROM like BAMF Forever and pull it out, or try installing that ROM... not sure if that app will work without MyVerizon app working, so you might need to load Forever ROM... personally I don't use that at all since all my contacts on are Google.

wildman

Jul 9, 2010
Visit site
I've rooted and installed a new ROM but I'm seeing that google doesn't have all my contacts and I'm needing VZW backup assistant back temporarily so I can import them to google. Does anyone have the apk for backup assistant.

You can Import all contacts to Google with the following information...

1. Log into Verizon Backup Assistant
2. Click on Export to CSV
3. Save File as (or Rename to) Contacts (it should already be converted to CSV so including .csv is redundant)
4. Log into Gmail/Google Voice
5. Click on Contacts
6. Click on Import
7. Browse for the Contacts (.csv) file
8. Click Import

9. Disable BA by going to Settings / Applucations . Manage Applications / All Tab / Sync Service / Clear All

All contacts on youir device should sync to Google af they are not in the BA backup... Now I do say should because no software is perfect.