pingplayer01

Sep 28, 2011
Visit site
I am really contemplating rooting my Thunderbolt. I like stock but I'm getting tired of the same old thing. I always see people showing off their rooted devices. What exactly are the benefits of rooting? And is there an easy way to do it?

Thanks for the input. :)

Upstreammiami

Apr 18, 2010
Visit site
I am really contemplating rooting my Thunderbolt. I like stock but I'm getting tired of the same old thing. I always see people showing off their rooted devices. What exactly are the benefits of rooting? And is there an easy way to do it?

Thanks for the input. :)

Root lets you TETHER FOR FREE!!!. phone can be faster and can save more battery. theres also awesome themes you can add and roms..

about the easiest way look a bit harder on the forums im sure you'll find something ;)

defcon999

Aug 30, 2011
Visit site
Where would I get Roms and such from?

The biggest benfit is the fact the phone isn't SLUGGISH, it is what this phone should have been out of the gate.

Team BAMF = have ran all of BAMF's. Totally solid

Infected Eternity = this is the one I am running currently.

Gingeritis 3D V1.07 = ran this one for a couple of weeks.....awesome one.

http://rootzwiki.com/topic/823-rom-unofficial-cyanogenmod-7-237-builds-updated-111411-0600-pm-est/ = this is a VANILLA version of the OS. I ran it....I liked it....will be running again soon. This one takes a little more work to layout your screen....easy to install...and fast, but, it doesn't come with HTC SENSE. A lot of people that run this will run a LAUNCHER such as LAUNCHER PRO or Go Launcher. It has a home screen and it looks like yours now, but it is more generic looking....again this is ONLY MY OPINION.

You might be asking yourself......"Why have you ran so many ROMS?". All I can say is "You will know after you ROOT and FLASH...it's addiciting".

It is fun, easy and I like throwing the fact that I can mess with my phone to the iPhone people.

Last edited:

pingplayer01

Sep 28, 2011
Visit site
What is one-click rooting? And will I lose everything if I root? Because that would be hard, as I have a lot of stuff I need to keep.

Devils Advocate

Apr 29, 2011
Visit site
Rooting is fun flashing roms is even funner, I just need to figure out how to wireless tether this darn thing now. After that the world is my playground.

pingplayer01

Sep 28, 2011
Visit site
There are too many threads to go through for looking for a way to root. Can someone give me a link or even tell me a site to go to that will be easy or that can give me a way to do it so I don't have to comb through the threads? thank you! :D

samcro

Jun 15, 2011
Visit site
Hey ping, I just rooted last night after lurking and contemplating for a couple of months now. It was incredibly easy, I can't believe I waited so long. If I can do it, anyone can. Head on over to the tbolt forums and hit the link for rooting roms and hacks at the top. Then guide to root and unroot with revolutionary also at the top. It's all right there on the first page. Also a you tube video about 12 minutes long. That's literally how long it takes after you download the drivers and files. Just watch the video and read the info and you'll see how easy it is. I'm a non tech type who's never attempted anything like this before. The whole zip and unzip file thing actually sounded too complicated for me. That's how little I know about this stuff. It was a breeze. Now I just have to figure out what to do next. Rid this thing of some bloat and go from there no doubt!

fatboy97

Aug 10, 2010
Visit site