Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Upstreammiami
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

ROM
    Stock

Default Phone won't boot

I I rooted my phone and I messed up so I had to factory reset and not it just sits at the HTC boot scrren and won't do anything. PLASE HELP!!

Global Posts
    2,192 Global Posts
    ROM
    JB

Default Re: Phone won't boot

Quote Originally Posted by pingplayer01 View Post
    I I rooted my phone and I messed up so I had to factory reset and not it just sits at the HTC boot scrren and won't do anything. PLASE HELP!!
    1.pull off the battery put it back in. 2.now press vol down and power button at the same time untill you reach hboot... 3.let hboot sit for about 10 sec... 4.then press vol down then power button (dont hold them both like in the first step)... 5.if you get to recovery let me know hit me up on Gtalk
    I'm the ROOT man
    G Talk: Upstreammiami3o5
    Let me help you ROOT your phone
    Thanked by:
    pingplayer01 likes this.

ROM
    Bamf Paradigm

or, try/think about this.
    you rooted, messed up--but did you remember to DELETE/MOVE the PG05IMG.zip file (included in the root process) from the root of your card? if you're uncertain--then simply do the following:

pull the card out, put it into a computer, delete that file from the root of the card, place the card back in & boot up like normal.
    the phone thinks you're trying to update it so it keeps loading that file & won't get any further than the screen you're seeing now.

common problem
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

ROM
    Stock

Quote Originally Posted by project.in.process View Post
    you rooted, messed up--but did you remember to DELETE/MOVE the PG05IMG.zip file (included in the root process) from the root of your card? if you're uncertain--then simply do the following:

pull the card out, put it into a computer, delete that file from the root of the card, place the card back in & boot up like normal.
    the phone thinks you're trying to update it so it keeps loading that file & won't get any further than the screen you're seeing now.

common problem
    Would that be in a folder on the sd card or just by itself? Cause I don't see it anywhere

Global Posts
    2,192 Global Posts
    ROM
    JB

Quote Originally Posted by project.in.process View Post

common problem
    what? lol there shouldn't be any PG file
    I'm the ROOT man
    G Talk: Upstreammiami3o5
    Let me help you ROOT your phone

ROM
    bamf forever 1.10/3++

Your ROM probably is having a hiccup. Best thing to do is to get into recovery, wipe EVERYTHING, make sure no bamf extras folders or pg05img files are left in the root of your SD, and reflash your ROM. It's also good habit to check the file size of the ROM and use md5 hash tag checkers. It's not unheard of that files don't come in complete and incorrupt. A pretty good way to brick your phone is to flash corrupted software.
    Make everything as simple as possible, but not simpler.
  7. Thread Author  Thread Author    #7  

ROM
    Stock

Quote Originally Posted by willis936 View Post
    Your ROM probably is having a hiccup. Best thing to do is to get into recovery, wipe EVERYTHING, make sure no bamf extras folders or pg05img files are left in the root of your SD, and reflash your ROM. It's also good habit to check the file size of the ROM and use md5 hash tag checkers. It's not unheard of that files don't come in complete and incorrupt. A pretty good way to brick your phone is to flash corrupted software.
    I hadn't put a rom on. It was still stock

ROM
    bamf forever 1.10/3++

Well then that's a serious issue if you can't get to recovery. Otherwise you can flash the stock ROM and run your last backup as a restore point.
    Make everything as simple as possible, but not simpler.

I don't believe the OP said anything about not being able to boot into Recovery.

Ping, did you even try what UpStream said in Post #2 ???
    Current: HTC One (M8), Pebble, Chromecast
    Retired Device (in order): Samsung Galaxy S4, Droid Razr Maxx, HTC Thunderbolt, HTC myTouch 4G, Blackberry's Bold, 8900 (Curve)
    Flames Wallpaper
    Jerry: "Love, Peace, and Chicken Grease!!!"
  10. Thread Author  Thread Author    #10  

ROM
    Stock

Quote Originally Posted by fatboy97 View Post
    I don't believe the OP said anything about not being able to boot into Recovery.

Ping, did you even try what UpStream said in Post #2 ???
    All taken care of. Upstream helped me through the process and it's all good

couldn't get you on GTalk, but i got to recovery now what