1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    201 Global Posts
    ROM
    Gingerbread DeBloated

Default Cancel Update Forever?

Is there a way to stop the nagging and downloading of the Gingerbread update from Verizon on a Rooted, stock-debloated thunderbolt running gingerbread already? Its constant nagging is quite annoying.

ROM
    N/A

Default Re: Cancel Update Forever?

Quote Originally Posted by johndabeast View Post
    Is there a way to stop the nagging and downloading of the Gingerbread update from Verizon on a Rooted, stock-debloated thunderbolt running gingerbread already? Its constant nagging is quite annoying.
    Flash a custom ROM or the RUU update?
    Former Verizon Wireless Technical Consultant

Quote Originally Posted by johndabeast View Post
    Check on xda. There is a way to remain rooted and stop updates. I have seen a link here but don't remember where.

Sent from my Bolt via Tapatalk.
    Thanked by:
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

Global Posts
    201 Global Posts
    ROM
    Gingerbread DeBloated

Quote Originally Posted by onthewhole View Post
    Check on xda. There is a way to remain rooted and stop updates. I have seen a link here but don't remember where.

Sent from my Bolt via Tapatalk.
    Thanks, I'll try to find it.

Forever... if you want to stay stock Gingerbread and not have any updates, then you need to keep up with any ROM changes and download and install those changes (ROM and Radio changes)... if you don't then you'll get another when they have a new OTA. Otherwise, load a custom ROM.
    Current: HTC One (M8), Pebble, Chromecast
    Retired Device (in order): Samsung Galaxy S4, Droid Razr Maxx, HTC Thunderbolt, HTC myTouch 4G, Blackberry's Bold, 8900 (Curve)
    Flames Wallpaper
    Jerry: "Love, Peace, and Chicken Grease!!!"