Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

ROM
    BAMF Forever 1.11 w/ 3--

Default Do I need to root again?

So I've been rooted and tried a few different ROMS already.
    Currently I'm on BAMF Forever 1.10 with the Sense 2.0 answer screen fix.

My Titanium Backup seems to be working fine, but when I just recently downloaded CPU Tuner, and I try to run it - after it asks me to allow root access, it keeps crashing telling me SU is failing when it tries to get superuser access. When I load up Root Check Basic and click "Verify Root Access", it says "Sorry, this device does not have proper root access."

Do I need to run through the entire "how to root" guide again starting with revolutionary? Or just re-flash the SU....zip file in recovery that is still on my SD Card? OR use that option that says "restore file permissions"?

Thanks for any help.

Edit: BusyBox is installed and at the latest version as well.

Default Re: Do I need to root again?

if you rooted with revolutionary you're still rooted. I would probably just reflash su.zip that you have. in the meantime, let me check out this root check basic app you speak of...
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

ROM
    BAMF Forever 1.11 w/ 3--

Default Re: Do I need to root again?

I didn't have to re-flash the SU file. It ended up just having to run the "Fix permissions". though I had to do that in in recovery because when I selected the options in BAMF Settings, it would just hang. But after fixing permissions I no longer get failures when programs try to gain root access.

Unhappy Re: Do I need to root again?

I've serious problem.
    none of root apps r allowed acces by superuser app which is in my system app.
    I did it while rooting HTC explorer.
    now can I root again ? nd what happen if I do so ?
    nd also , can I install same Superuser.zip from recovery mode ?
    what to do...?