New ROM's No More?

DirtMcGirt

Feb 8, 2011
Visit site
So I'm assuming with all the new Nexus phones and stuff coming out, the TBolt ROM Development is coming to an end? I mean it seems like it, this forum used to be jumping, not it's lucky to get a handful of new post's /day.

waker

Mar 11, 2011
Visit site
Not everyone has had it as good as Thunderbolt users have had it. The bionic forums are just sad. Only 2 or 3 devs over there. The Thunderbolt has been an anomaly.

Sent from my Bolt via Tapatalk.

fatboy97

Aug 10, 2010
Visit site
ICS is the new ROM of the day... give the developers time to work with the new ROM version and we will hopefully see something new soon.

paintdrinkingpete

Dec 12, 2009
Visit site
About as much that can be done with GB has been done, as far as I'm concerned.

I too believe most developers are waiting to get their hands on a usable ICS base. My guess is Rezound will be the first HTC phone to get it, and once it does, we should start to see some actual, working ICS ROMs hit the street.

I do believe though that the overall amount of development is going to start dropping considerably (if it hasn't already!) compared to the first few months that this phone was available....because yes, many devs have or will move on to newer devices.

wildman

Jul 9, 2010
Visit site
About as much that can be done with GB has been done, as far as I'm concerned.

I too believe most developers are waiting to get their hands on a usable ICS base. My guess is Rezound will be the first HTC phone to get it, and once it does, we should start to see some actual, working ICS ROMs hit the street.

I do believe though that the overall amount of development is going to start dropping considerably (if it hasn't already!) compared to the first few months that this phone was available....because yes, many devs have or will move on to newer devices.

I hope not because I was still hoping for a working stable version of a Sense 3.5 rom.

defcon999

Aug 30, 2011
Visit site
Thee will come a time when we can't put a bigger engine (ROM) under the hood because of the specs....but, while we have some Dev's around, we will be good. I think once ICS comes out, the Dev's will probably start going to the newer devices.

My Ex-wife and her new husband both got NEXUS's today....more reason to hate her.....JUST KIDDING....we get along great (now that she is 3,000 miles away). She says that it is a pretty sweet phone. After I get over the new phone envy, I will be OK. Heck, by this time next year, I am up for a new phone and will be the envy of the NEXUS users.....boo yah!

DirtMcGirt

Feb 8, 2011
Visit site
I might just go back to BAMF Remix 1.8.6. Was the most stable rock solid ROM for me. All these others have minor issues that can get annoying.

Last edited:

paintdrinkingpete

Dec 12, 2009
Visit site
I might just go back to BAMF Remix 1.8.6. Was the most stable rock solid ROM for me. All these others have minor issues that can get annoying.

That ROM was still Froyo though...not sure I could do that.

I do agree that it was one of the best ROMs I ever ran on my device, but I really have no complaints about BAMF Forever (w/ the right kernel).

Now that I have:
BAMF Forever 1.10 (with a few of my own mods, natch)
ADR's Test 3++ kernel
Rezound battery

I really feel like I'm rocking a powerhouse of a phone. I'm on 4G all day and rarely looking a charger.

Devils Advocate

Apr 29, 2011
Visit site
Thank you now to find out how to get it to work by searching on here. This is fun actually. Like I get a new phone every time I play with it. Love the Bolt. Does anyone know if there is a similar process for the LG Revolution? Might just root it now. Stupid question time, how do I find out which ROM and Kernel I am using? Sometimes this smartphone makes me feel dumb.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laila Nance