Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Gingeritis 3D v1.2 found in the wild

It's fast... It's smooth... It's back for your flashing delight!

http://rootzwiki.com/index.php?/topic/13478-[ROM]-[MikRoms]-Gingeritis-3D-v1.2-[12/27/11]-Sense-3.0-|-Beats-|-Tweaks-|-2.11.605.9

ROM
    Stock

Default Re: Gingeritis 3D v1.2 found in the wild

Quote Originally Posted by csl810 View Post
    It's fast... It's smooth... It's back for your flashing delight!

[ROM] [MikRoms] Gingeritis 3D v1.2 [12/27/11] Sense 3.0 | Beats | Tweaks | 2.11.605.9 - RootzWiki[ROM]-[MikRoms]-Gingeritis-3D-v1.2-[12/27/11]-Sense-3.0-|-Beats-|-Tweaks-|-2.11.605.9
    And why does this look exactly the same as MikRunny? Or why does MikRunny look exactly like this?

Quote Originally Posted by pingplayer01 View Post
    And why does this look exactly the same as MikRunny? Or why does MikRunny look exactly like this?
    Gingeritis 3D has been around a long time... I remember using Beta VII back in August. MikRunny just was released. Maybe the question should be why does MikRunny look so much like Gingeritis 3D!!!
    Current: HTC One (M8), Pebble, Chromecast
    Retired Device (in order): Samsung Galaxy S4, Droid Razr Maxx, HTC Thunderbolt, HTC myTouch 4G, Blackberry's Bold, 8900 (Curve)
    Flames Wallpaper
    Jerry: "Love, Peace, and Chicken Grease!!!"

Global Posts
    63 Global Posts

does v12 automatically install the latest radio that came with 605.9? Or will be I have to download it as well?

Quote Originally Posted by ak2j View Post
    does v12 automatically install the latest radio that came with 605.9? Or will be I have to download it as well?
    Custom ROMs DO NOT come with Radios!!!
    Retired Device (in order): Samsung Galaxy S4, Droid Razr Maxx, HTC Thunderbolt, HTC myTouch 4G, Blackberry's Bold, 8900 (Curve)
    Flames Wallpaper

Quote Originally Posted by fatboy97 View Post
    Gingeritis 3D has been around a long time... I remember using Beta VII back in August. MikRunny just was released. Maybe the question should be why does MikRunny look so much like Gingeritis 3D!!!
    It's because it uses the sense 3.5 rosie.

Sent from my Thunderbolt via Tapatalk.

Global Posts
    13 Global Posts

I really like this ROM. Is anyone using visual voicemail? I like VZW stock visual voicemail app but do I need to download a different app? VZW voicemail app is not available in the market.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by onthewhole View Post
    It's because it uses the sense 3.5 rosie.

It doesn't use the 3.5 rosie. I edited the images to look like the 3.5 because it is much cleaner looking.

Great ROM so far. Battery life is superior to any other ROMs I've used. Only probs I had with 3d 1.1 (hopefully not on this one) is that I was getting death sleeps a few times/ week. Phone would just turn itself off for no reason. End Call bug was present on 1.1 as well.

Haven't had any issues after 24hrs other than my CallofDuty MW3 Xbox Bluetooth Headset not pairing. Anyone know what's up with that?

Quote Originally Posted by mcluvn View Post
    It doesn't use the 3.5 rosie. I edited the images to look like the 3.5 because it is much cleaner looking.
    I was wrong! It rocks either way.

Global Posts
    63 Global Posts

Love this rom but, don't have the total call control app with v1. 2 is it supposed to be there?

Hey guys do I have to start all over with this rom? I have 1.1 do I have to wipe everything? and what are you guys using to back up all your apps?

Quote Originally Posted by hoodeddemon View Post
    Hey guys do I have to start all over with this rom? I have 1.1 do I have to wipe everything? and what are you guys using to back up all your apps?
    1. 2 will wipe your data. I use titanium.

14. Thread Author  Thread Author    #14  

I think the Total Call Control app was included in v1.1 as a workaround for the answer screen glitch. Let's hope its omission from v1.2 is intentional. I haven't had the answer screen "End Call" button while receiving a call yet with the latest release. (fingers crossed)

Global Posts
    65 Global Posts

Titanium restored it for me when i went from 1.1 to 1.2

Hopefully i can delete it.

ROM
    The ROM of the day...LOL

I downloaded this and installed it. I had to go back to INFECTED because this wouldn't restore my APPS via "MyBackUp Pro". I tried 2 times and it showed 43 apps that weren't installed that I know where backed up....I have done it enough and I always back up everything.

Before you ask....YES, I did a FACTORY RESET (from CWR), wiped the Partition, mounted and formatted the SYSTEM directory....which is what I always do.

I still have it on my phone and will give it another shot maybe tonight when I no one will be contacting me.

But, what I did run looked really nice...looking forward to exploring it later!
    With this RAZR, I get a close shave
    My Blog

Global Posts
    224 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock Rom / Non-Rooted

I'm running v1.1 now and want to upgrade to v1. 2. Which backup app will restore apps AND place the icons on the home screens? Titanium restored my apps but didn't put the icons back, and MyBackupPro wouldn't restore saying the Meta data was corrupt.

Quote Originally Posted by scott750 View Post
    I'm running v1.1 now and want to upgrade to v1. 2. Which backup app will restore apps AND place the icons on the home screens? Titanium restored my apps but didn't put the icons back, and MyBackupPro wouldn't restore saying the Meta data was corrupt.
    That's never gonna happen. If the rom didn't wipe data by default you wold be good, however this rom wipes data. You cold restore data, but prob a bad idea,

Most ROM developers WANT you to wipe data, cache and Dalvik cache prior to updating to a new version of their ROM... and this is the ONLY ROM I've seen that has any problem with MyBackup Root restoring your Data after you load the app from the Market. Personally that is the way I do it... so with this ROM I loaded the apps from the Market, then used Titanium to reload the data... it's a longer process, but it does get me up with my data back into my apps.
    Flames Wallpaper

Global Posts
    65 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by bigsyd View Post
    Titanium restored it for me when i went from 1.1 to 1.2

Hopefully i can delete it.
    UPDATE: After upgrading to 1.2 from 1.1, Titanium restored Total Call Control. I deleted it and everything seems to still be working fine. However, I must say, I have never experienced the End Call Bug.

Global Posts
    65 Global Posts

MyBackup restored all of my icons. I think its the Android Home setting that puts everything back. Make sure you check that when backing up your data in the app.

However, it sounds like your problem is really your file being corrupt.

Global Posts
    65 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by bigsyd View Post
    UPDATE: After upgrading to 1.2 from 1.1, Titanium restored Total Call Control. I deleted it and everything seems to still be working fine. However, I must say, I have never experienced the End Call Bug.
    I spoke too fast! I'm getting the End Call Bug on a regular basis now that I'm on 1.2

I guess I need to restore Total Call Control

Sent from my HTC Thunderbolt

I've gotten the end-call bug as well. Also, I've noticed my battery on this tanks more than it did on 1.1. Plus I notice my screen always wants to stay on. And, I've had several times where I manually set my display brightness, then when I exit and hit the power button to put the phone to sleep, when i re-wake it, it's the previous dim setting. you can test this by setting it on the dimmest setting, then putting to sleep, then rewaking. I learned the workaround for this was turning on then back off auto-brightness.

I've also have consistently had data connect issues on wifi. Even with turning off wifi and turning it back on, still has connection issues once it's been connected to wifi for awhile.

Screen seems more jittery, too. I remember reading about android being overly aggressive with clearing screen caches, tho I don't know the details, but that is what the behavior is representative of. Once I've scrolled a couple of times, it's smooth as butter, but not until I've established that short term cache.

So odd. I haven't had a single issue with 1.2.

25. Thread Author  Thread Author    #25  

+1. G3D v1.2 is the most trouble-free ROM I've ever flashed.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast