Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By willis936
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    55 Global Posts

Default bamf forever question

Hi, i been reading about bamf forever and been to their forums and found 1.10 as the final version but i also seen ppl mention about 1.11... so my question is: is there a bamf forever 1.11 rom and what changes is there. also where can i find it to download

thanks

Default Re: bamf forever question

Quote Originally Posted by wlong99 View Post
    Hi, i been reading about bamf forever and been to their forums and found 1.10 as the final version but i also seen ppl mention about 1.11... so my question is: is there a bamf forever 1.11 rom and what changes is there. also where can i find it to download

thanks
    1.11 is out there, but it's not an official release by the developer... if you want you can search the thread on TeamBAMF's forum, or look through the 1.10 thread here on AC... I know there was a link to that specific post and a link to download that version. Did they fix anything... I'm not too sure about that... I tried it for a few days and found it to be laggy, but others had been flashing the 3++ Kernel over it, which they said helped the lagginess.
    Current: HTC One (M8), Pebble, Chromecast
    Retired Device (in order): Samsung Galaxy S4, Droid Razr Maxx, HTC Thunderbolt, HTC myTouch 4G, Blackberry's Bold, 8900 (Curve)
    Flames Wallpaper
    Jerry: "Love, Peace, and Chicken Grease!!!"

ROM
    BAMF Forever 1.11 3++

What I did...

ROM
    The ROM of the day...LOL

Quote Originally Posted by wlong99 View Post

thanks
    I ran BAMF Forever from 1.07 to 1.10.......I still like them very much. I am not currently running them, but I would have no problem recommending them. I tried 1.11 and I did find it to be laggy but then again, it isn't an official release yet.

I didn't see anything that was different or better with 1.11 over 1.10. I think there wasn't much if any cosmetic changes at all....I think it was mainly things under the hood so to speak. If you want a stable build. I would download 1.08 and then flash the 1.09 patch.

Make sure you do a NAMDROID backup of your current ROM.
    With this RAZR, I get a close shave
    My Blog
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

Global Posts
    55 Global Posts

alright thanks for everyone quick responses.... it makes more sense to me now... thanks again

ROM
    BAMF Forever 1.11 3++

I just wiped clean and installed 1.11 and then installed 3++ & the .9 radio from latest OTA on top. Runs like a champ.

Quote Originally Posted by Ed Witles View Post
    I just wiped clean and installed 1.11 and then installed 3++ & the .9 radio from latest OTA on top. Runs like a champ.
    Installing the 3++ kernel is key.

How do you get the .9 radio ota? Doesn't ota become disabled once rooted?

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk

ROM
    bamf forever 1.10/3++

You can flash radios separately. I suggest imoseyon's leankernel with bamf forever. I'm currently running 1.11 (htc logger cleaned version) with the latest radios (as posted by adr).l and tons of mods. I ran 3++ for a week or two and noticed the lagginess coming back with full force. Flashed imo's, just now recently noticed it slowing back down slightly. It could be the seven pages of widgets and 120 apps installed but a wipe of the cache positron and a flash of the kernel and it's good as new.
    Make everything as simple as possible, but not simpler.
    onthewhole likes this.

I've noticed the same thing. I have the same setup as you.

Gonna throw this out there. Ziggys with noop/lagfree is providing fantastic battery life.
    Last edited by onthewhole; 01-29-2012 at 02:15 PM.

Is it possible to get ota updates from Verizon? I was wondering about radio updates? I'm rooted using bamf 1.11. My guess is no but i had to ask. Do I just go find them and download them and install like any Rom upgrade?

Quote Originally Posted by lou1210 View Post
    Is it possible to get ota updates from Verizon? I was wondering about radio updates? I'm rooted using bamf 1.11. My guess is no but i had to ask. Do I just go find them and download them and install like any Rom upgrade?

Verizon's updates come with radio updates if applicable. You cannot and more importantly SHOULD NOT install any OTA updates if you are rooted...it can really mess your system up.

There are a bunch of places where you can download the radio files that can be installed manually if you're rooted (). They are not, however, installed in the same manner as ROMs, as radios must be in installed in HBOOT (bootloader), whereas ROMs and updates are usually installed via Recovery.

Basic instructions for installing radio files:
    1. Download file -- be sure to confirm an MD5 match!
    2. Rename PG05IMG.zip* (Papa-Golf-Zero-Five-India-Mike-Golf dot zip)
    3. Put on root of SD card
    4. Reboot into Bootloader (Hold Vol- while powering device up)
    5. It will ask to install, follow directions

*Be sure it's not PG05IMG.zip.zip if your windows computer is set to "hide extensions for known file types"! I still cannot for the life of me figure out WHY this is the default setting in windows...

Global Posts
    70 Global Posts

You'll have to forgive my ignorance, but where do I get the 3++ kernel that keeps being mentioned? I'm new to the thunderbolt scene but have put bamf 1.10 on my device

Quote Originally Posted by kicks View Post
    You'll have to forgive my ignorance, but where do I get the 3++ kernel that keeps being mentioned? I'm new to the thunderbolt scene but have put bamf 1.10 on my device
    Try looking at this post: BAMF Forever 1.10 FINAL is out
    Current: HTC One (M8), Pebble, Chromecast
    Retired Device (in order): Samsung Galaxy S4, Droid Razr Maxx, HTC Thunderbolt, HTC myTouch 4G, Blackberry's Bold, 8900 (Curve)
    Flames Wallpaper
    Jerry: "Love, Peace, and Chicken Grease!!!"
    Thanked by:
    kicks 

Global Posts
    70 Global Posts

Thanks, I'll check it out