Found a mostly complete ICS Rom

lou1210

Oct 26, 2011
Visit site
Ok, I found a link to a mostly complete ICS ROM.

First question is... Is it something that is worth trying at this point?

Second question - I'm running BAMF Forever 1.10. Would I need to remove the BAMF Extras folder on my SD Card... Part 2 of that question - if I do a restore from my existing back up, will it put that folder back on my SD card?

I'm hesitant to try this, but I think I can do it with proper guidance. I have ClockworkMod ROM Manager v5.0.2.1, as well as Root Check and Titanium Backup Pro so I should have all of the tools.

Can anyone confirm or offer other words of wisdom?

lou1210

Oct 26, 2011
Visit site
To Clarify my 2nd question... If I put the ICS ROM on my phone, I would first have to delete the bamf extras folder... If I decide to go back to BAMF Forever, would the restore put it back on my SD Card?

Does that make better sense?

Jeenyus

Jun 24, 2011
Visit site
1. I'm running this rom,this is not an ics rom it's miui with a little ics cues/ideas. There is currently no ics roms with working data and camera for the TB. The official ics miui will be miui v4.0 which droidvicious is currently working on and not yet release.

2. No, you don't need to delete the bamf folder to run this rom

Here are the two "stock" ICS builds currently being worked on:
1. http://rootzwiki.com/topic/8424-rom-ics-thunderbolt-no-data-beta-1/
2. http://rootzwiki.com/topic/12366-rom-ice-cream-sandwich-thunderbolt-403-christmas-edition/

Last edited:

GSDer

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
Second question - I'm running BAMF Forever 1.10. Would I need to remove the BAMF Extras folder on my SD Card... Part 2 of that question - if I do a restore from my existing back up, will it put that folder back on my SD card?
I only know enough to be dangerous, but:
1. if you're not replacing a BAMF ROM you don't need to worry about the extras folder - from what I can tell, it just contains information/settings for the ROM
2. if you were to nuke it, the mere process of restoring your backup would not restore that directory; however, when you started using the ROM it would be automatically recreated
3. unless I'm missing something, backup/restore don't touch anything on your SD card (other than of course backup writing a copy of your 'image' to the card and restore reading it back). That is, the process doesn't mess with any pictures, videos, portions of apps that were moved to SD, music, etc.

Sent from my Sinclair ZX-80 using Tapatalk

waker

Mar 11, 2011
Visit site
I only know enough to be dangerous, but:
1. if you're not replacing a BAMF ROM you don't need to worry about the extras folder - from what I can tell, it just contains information/settings for the ROM
2. if you were to nuke it, the mere process of restoring your backup would not restore that directory; however, when you started using the ROM it would be automatically recreated
3. unless I'm missing something, backup/restore don't touch anything on your SD card (other than of course backup writing a copy of your 'image' to the card and restore reading it back). That is, the process doesn't mess with any pictures, videos, portions of apps that were moved to SD, music, etc.

Sent from my Sinclair ZX-80 using Tapatalk

Correct.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akbarramadhani12