TWRP or CWM for the thunderbolt?

Ed Witles

May 4, 2011
Visit site
Gang -

Currently use CWM but installed TWRP 2.0 on the Kindle Fire and I kinda like it.

How could I (or should I) install TWRP on the bolt and still have access to my past backups going forward?

Thanks!

rcmarks314

Jul 13, 2011
Visit site
I think if your backup is CWM it can only be reinstalled via CWM. However you could load each nandroid and back them up with TWRP. But beware that TWRP is no longer developing backup software. Sorry I don't have the link nor can I remember where I saw it. But they said they were going on to other things. I'd say stick with CWM.

rcmarks314

Jul 13, 2011
Visit site
I found this on their home page

Future of Twrp

There has been a lot of confusion regarding the future of twrp and what TeamWin will be doing now that Agrabren has decided to part ways. I hope to clarify our direction. To do that, I'm going to describe our evolving mission as a whole and how it all fits in to our future.

TeamWin started with Wimax. We were a team that wanted to add just a little more Win to CyanogenMod and contribute to the Open Source community. We then decided to take on additional fields of Android that needed more Win. Sprinkling our "Windust" on HDMI, 3D-MMS, Kernel Installation, as well as having a bit of fun with The Ninja Tweeter.

Twrp was big. We wanted to see if we could change the status quo. Through our last few releases I think we have shown that people are interested in something different and some more robust features in their recovery. Now we have a full product that has multiple devices to support. And that demands time. There aren't that many Android System developers in our community (plenty of App developers). Having a talented team following all the fixes that have already been implemented elsewhere is a misguided effort.

So, with that said, we would like to return to a more community focused mission. (For now at least) We will be abandoning twrp and trying to add usable features to CWM in hopes that Koush will accept them. For an Open Source community, the amount of changes that make their way upstream is embarrassingly low.

So let's change that.

This will hopefully result in a lot more time dedicated to new and innovative products by TeamWin, so stay tuned!

No twrp, same features, more community, more Winning