Stock keyboard and keyboard options

TBolt2011

Jan 23, 2011
Visit site
I absolutely loved the stock TBolt keyboard. I had w.e version of Swype ws included, but the keyboard itself didn't change from turning it on; just the option to drag-to-type turned on.

I'm running InfectedROM and I've been tolerating the keyboard for a couple of months now, but I can't stand it anymore. I wanted to get Swype from online, but the Swpyr keyboard is set up terriblly, in my opinion.

Is there anyway to getback the original, completely stock keyboard (with the preinstalled Swype option) that came with the Thunderbolt while keeping this ROM? Is the keyboard just a transferrable file or what? Idk how it works...

I love this ROM so much, but the keyboard that they chose to use is a gamebreaker at this point. Cannot tolerate it anymore, and I hate the Gingerbread one too.

Thank you in advance!

spartanguy81

Feb 24, 2011
Visit site
The thunderbolt didn't come with Swype. The sense 3.0 keyboard had trace to type though, that's what you are looking for I do believe. I prefer Swype, but you could also try slide it pro if you can't find the sense 3.0 keyboard.

waker

Mar 11, 2011
Visit site
Meh. I have every keyboard for the thunderbolt. Swiftkey is ok but lags out. Slide it is probably second best. Thumb keyboard next. Currently Im back on stock. The ics keyboard Chingy has with g3d has been my fave but I don't know where to get it.
Sent from my Bolt via Tapatalk.

rcmarks314

Jul 13, 2011
Visit site
It would seem to be an easy fix. Load your SD card into your computer and open your stock nandroid. Copy the file for the keyboard you like and replace the keyboard from the ROM you are using and reflash. Do a nandroid first in case the keyboard isn't compatible with the ROM you're using. Or try SwiftKey as Thirsty1 said, it kicks butt.

scottstatn

Feb 13, 2011
Visit site
Or you can go to the Infected forums under Thunderbolt/Themed and apps/darkehorse themes and they have the stock keyboard listed... two versions on with the arrows and one without.

Sent from my ADR6400L

TBolt2011

Jan 23, 2011
Visit site
Alright, haven't been on in a couple days, I'll reply to everyone quick!

Try Swiftkey X. It's the best.

Tried that and hated it, honestly. I don't see what the hype is about. Thanks for the suggestion though, I know it is popular and worth a shot for people that haven't tried the free trial.

The thunderbolt didn't come with Swype. The sense 3.0 keyboard had trace to type though, that's what you are looking for I do believe. I prefer Swype, but you could also try slide it pro if you can't find the sense 3.0 keyboard.

That is exactly what I'm looking for. I loved the trace to type that was on the stock keyboard (knew it wasn't REAL Swype, but didn't know what to call it). I don't like the Swype keyboard layout at all. The stock Thunderbolt Trace to Type is exactly what I'm looking for.

Just realized that infected is a 3.5 ROM, it should have trace to type as a standard option in the stock keyboard.

I was told that when I originally downloaded one of the early versions of this ROM, but the stock (meaning trace to type option, and arrow keys) keyboard is nowhere to be found in any options; niether from my open keyboard nor the actual settings "app."

It would seem to be an easy fix. Load your SD card into your computer and open your stock nandroid. Copy the file for the keyboard you like and replace the keyboard from the ROM you are using and reflash. Do a nandroid first in case the keyboard isn't compatible with the ROM you're using. Or try SwiftKey as Thirsty1 said, it kicks butt.

I actually tried this right before I posted, but it was just a quick look. Definitely can't hurt to try again since someone else seems to think it's logical. Thank you.

Or you can go to the Infected forums under Thunderbolt/Themed and apps/darkehorse themes and they have the stock keyboard listed... two versions on with the arrows and one without.

Sent from my ADR6400L

I'll try this as well, but supposedly the stock keyboard was supposed to be an option from the start and I "just wasn't seeing it" before too. It's not there. I've looked everywhere at least one a week for the past two and a half months because I HATE the current keyboard.

But yes, I will look at the actual support website once more as well.

Thanks everybody!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
planeboy