Thunderbolt Gets ClockworkMod TOUCH!!!

drhere

Aug 25, 2010
Visit site
Touch recently became available (yesterday), I flashed yesterday via fastboot, and it works well.
Only issue is in ROM Manager, it still shows the old ROM version.

Upstreammiami

Apr 18, 2010
Visit site
Touch recently became available (yesterday), I flashed yesterday via fastboot, and it works well.
Only issue is in ROM Manager, it still shows the old ROM version.

That's not and issue it's cuz you have purchase it in rom manager. I did it so it can tell me when there's new updates of this recovery

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk

drhere

Aug 25, 2010
Visit site
That's not and issue it's cuz you have purchase it in rom manager. I did it so it can tell me when there's new updates of this recovery

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk

I ended up paying for it so my ROM Manager Premium will notify me of updates.

recDNA

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
I paid for it too. Well worth the 2 bucks! Will I still be able to restore to nandroids made on 5.0.2.1?(just b4 touch)

I should warn you that if u try to charge with phone off the phone now turns on by itself and goes to recovery mode however you can charge phone in hibernate mode (fast boot turned on). Also the time stamp on the nandroids is wrong. I just backed up and it said Feb. 5. I think its off by 4 hours.

Now what I need is a new aosp rom to flash tbat everythin works in including flash, mms, and good loud call volume!

Last edited:

Bobman

Jan 26, 2011
Visit site
If I want to flash this manually I can just download the .IMG file and rename it to recover.img and put it into a zip file named PG05IMG.zip. The flash in hboot. Am I understanding that correctly?

yodatom10

Mar 20, 2011
Visit site
It has to be done via adb here are instructions
here are instructions to do it via adb

1. Download this file. ClockworkMod ROM Manager - Recoveries

2. Rename the file to recovery.img

3. open a command prompt/terminal window and navigate to the location that you saved the file to. c:\path\to\recovery.img

4. type adb reboot bootloader

5. once booted into fast boot, back in the cmd prompt/terminal type fastboot flash recovery recovery.img

when its done reboot and then back in cmd prompt/terminal type fastboot reboot.

Reactions: Bobman

normio2

Apr 6, 2010
Visit site
This is soooooo much better, took forever to scroll through the list of folders before, but with this touch recovery piece of cake!

rcmarks314

Jul 13, 2011
Visit site
I paid for it too. Well worth the 2 bucks! Will I still be able to restore to nandroids made on 5.0.2.1?(just b4 touch)

I should warn you that if u try to charge with phone off the phone now turns on by itself and goes to recovery mode however you can charge phone in hibernate mode (fast boot turned on). Also the time stamp on the nandroids is wrong. I just backed up and it said Feb. 5. I think its off by 4 hours.

Now what I need is a new aosp rom to flash tbat everythin works in including flash, mms, and good loud call volume!

Hi rceDNA. I see no one has said if the nanny's work or not. How about doing a nanny and trying it out for us. I mean what the heck you've already bought it let those of us that haven't bought it know if it's good to go. FWIW I've heard good things about Thundershed for your AOSP woes.:D

recDNA

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
The reason I haven't tried is because I have touchdown set to record all of my work email for a year. (For searches) Whenever I do a nandroid touchdown has to sync from the beginning all over again and even on wifi it takes hours. Our IT guy always thinks I'm installing outlook on another computer. I don't want to explain that my phone is rooted (ie security risk from his perspective) so I only install new roms or restore nandroids when I really need to. Even if I don't wait for the old nandroid to sync when I revert to THIS nandroid I would still have to resync. It actually goes back to 2009 even though I set it for 1 year and I get a LOT of email.

I think a lot of people don't want to try this recovery because it prevents charging with power off. Phone turns on and goes to recovery if plugged in with power off.

Most people only sync email for two weeks so I'm hoping another kind soul tests it for us.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jan