Phone Won't Wake Up During Call

geli7

Aug 24, 2011
Visit site
The screen on my phone turns off and stays off whenever the phone is activated. I cannot get the screen to turn back on. This is incredibly annoying. If the other party does not end the call (say it goes to voicemail or I have to pull up the numberpad to enter something) the only way I can end the call and get the screen to turn back on is to take the battery out and reboot. This has nothing to do with the proximity sensor. The phone goes to sleep instantly as soon as I hit the call button, or accept a call....and nothing short of taking the battery out will wake it.

This started just a few weeks ago, was fine before then. I tried updating my rom with a full factory reset (was using an older bamf rom, updated to bam forever 1.10) and that didn?t work. I downloaded the ?screen on? app and set it to leave the screen on during active calls. It worked for a day or so and then stopped working.

Does anyone have any suggestions on what I can do? This is an absolute killer, I can?t continue using this device if I have to pull the battery whenever I want to end a call. Any advice at all would be very much appreciated.

rcmarks314

Jul 13, 2011
Visit site
Have you tried a 5 min. battery and sim pull? Also did you load any apps a few weeks ago that might be causing it. If you have a screen protector is there a scuff right under the v in Verizon that might be blocking the prox sensor. I know you did say that wasn't an issue just trying to cover all the bases. Try settings/applications/manage applications/running and see if there is a rogue app running. Try this before getting a call and as soon as the call is over. Or if you have a friend nearby see if you can have them call when you are on that menu and see if another app comes on before you answer. Like maybe hitting home instead of answer then going back to the menu. Hope one of these helps. If it does post back on your success so someone else can benefit.

jaye501

Jan 18, 2012
Visit site
Have you tried a 5 min. battery and sim pull? Also did you load any apps a few weeks ago that might be causing it. If you have a screen protector is there a scuff right under the v in Verizon that might be blocking the prox sensor. I know you did say that wasn't an issue just trying to cover all the bases. Try settings/applications/manage applications/running and see if there is a rogue app running. Try this before getting a call and as soon as the call is over. Or if you have a friend nearby see if you can have them call when you are on that menu and see if another app comes on before you answer. Like maybe hitting home instead of answer then going back to the menu. Hope one of these helps. If it does post back on your success so someone else can benefit.

i had the same problem... and on a new s2... after much net searching and app removal i came upon your post and lo and behold... it WAS a dirty screen protector blocking the prox sensor... i removed the screen protector and problem solved.... wish i had seen your post first... lol.... thanx a million... i was ready to send this thing back...

i can feel geli7's pain... it is an extremely irritating problem....

geli7

Aug 24, 2011
Visit site
i had the same problem... and on a new s2... after much net searching and app removal i came upon your post and lo and behold... it WAS a dirty screen protector blocking the prox sensor... i removed the screen protector and problem solved.... wish i had seen your post first... lol.... thanx a million... i was ready to send this thing back...

i can feel geli7's pain... it is an extremely irritating problem....

unfortunately for me it's a hardware issue. I've learned to live with it but it's annoying. The vibrate function goes in and out on its own. Worst is not getting a call because your phone's on vibrate and the vibrate function decides not to work.

ang1dust

Apr 12, 2012
Visit site
i had that problem on my touch pro 2. Issue is the minimum MHZ is too low. I couldnt change it on the TP2. You can on the TB. Increase your minimum mhz and see if that helps.

geli7

Aug 24, 2011
Visit site
i had that problem on my touch pro 2. Issue is the minimum MHZ is too low. I couldnt change it on the TP2. You can on the TB. Increase your minimum mhz and see if that helps.

I did have it at the lowest setting, just bumped it up. So far the haptic is working, hopefully it keeps up. Thanks for the tip.

herbiehusker2608

Mar 28, 2011
Visit site
The screen on my phone turns off and stays off whenever the phone is activated. I cannot get the screen to turn back on. This is incredibly annoying. If the other party does not end the call (say it goes to voicemail or I have to pull up the numberpad to enter something) the only way I can end the call and get the screen to turn back on is to take the battery out and reboot. This has nothing to do with the proximity sensor. The phone goes to sleep instantly as soon as I hit the call button, or accept a call....and nothing short of taking the battery out will wake it.

This started just a few weeks ago, was fine before then. I tried updating my rom with a full factory reset (was using an older bamf rom, updated to bam forever 1.10) and that didn’t work. I downloaded the “screen on” app and set it to leave the screen on during active calls. It worked for a day or so and then stopped working.

Does anyone have any suggestions on what I can do? This is an absolute killer, I can’t continue using this device if I have to pull the battery whenever I want to end a call. Any advice at all would be very much appreciated.

I had same problem with the Bamf roms

Sent from my HTC Mecha using Tapatalk

Daniel.Lynch

Jun 15, 2010
Visit site
Interesting. My screen doesn't pop back up when i need to end a call immediately. there's no scuff by the prox sensor, and no screen protector.

Im not on BAMF but im on thundershed 1.5, its a version of cm7. could the minimum clock speed be my issue?
My screen will turn back on if i press the screen on/off button, but it kind of defeats the point of having a proximity sensor lol

rajsharrma

Oct 7, 2013
Visit site
go to settings-accessiblity- uncheck the power button ends call .........as simple as that, enjoy u r HTC..... stay happy!!!!!

This started just a few weeks ago, was fine before then. I tried updating my rom with a full factory reset (was using an older bamf rom, updated to bam forever 1.10) and that didn’t work. I downloaded the “screen on” app and set it to leave the screen on during active calls. It worked for a day or so and then stopped working.

Does anyone have any suggestions on what I can do? This is an absolute killer, I can’t continue using this device if I have to pull the battery whenever I want to end a call. Any advice at all would be very much appreciated.