1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Rooting and free wireless hotspot question

I have a friend who is getting a thunderbolt in a week or so and she wants me to set it up like my boinic. I have it rooted and have done the free wireless hotspot hack. From reading it seems like the best method to root the thunderbolt is the revolutionary method, but I can' t seem to find clear instructions on how to do the free wireless hotspot hack. If anyone can link me to the right thread or youtube video that would be great, thanks!!

Global Posts
    2,043 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Default Re: Rooting and free wireless hotspot question

no hack needed if your going to be putting on a aosp rom is built in the android settings or a sense rom almost all devs add in a teaching app. so either way you should be set just root it and load the rom of you choice and enjoy
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Which rom would you recommend for best battery life and the free wireless hotspot?

Global Posts
    2,043 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Quote Originally Posted by Boogan1 View Post
    Which rom would you recommend for best battery life and the free wireless hotspot?
    i run my own rom that i created that is not out for public use(). i would recommend a aosp rom for the best battery life omfgb is very well done rom and has very good battery life. at the moment the development has slowed down for gb as they all race to get a ics rom out but this rom should hold you over until ics hits.
    I'm a android know it all with too much time on my hands
    If I've helped you make sure to hit that thanks button

CM7 is a good AOSP ROM, but since you have to load the ROM and GAPPS file after the ROM it's not always that easy for some, but it's a very nice AOSP ROM.

What ever ROM you choose be sure you download ROM Manager from the Market first, and update your Recovery version prior to loading any ROM or making any backups of your current ROM. The Revolutionary method loads an old version of Recovery, which does not play well with the newer ROMs.
    Current: HTC One (M8), Pebble, Chromecast
    Retired Device (in order): Samsung Galaxy S4, Droid Razr Maxx, HTC Thunderbolt, HTC myTouch 4G, Blackberry's Bold, 8900 (Curve)
    Flames Wallpaper
    Jerry: "Love, Peace, and Chicken Grease!!!"

i've got to say i'm a CM7 lover, after starting with BAMF sense 3.0
    I would go with CM7

Global Posts
    100 Global Posts
    ROM
    Gingeritis 3D v1.2

I am running Gingeritis 3D v1.2, it has wireless tether built in and was very easy to flash.
    BlackBerry Storm I >>> BlackBerry Storm II >>> HTC Thunderbolt >>> Rooted >>> Gingeritis 3D 1.2 >>> TeamBAMF ICS >>> Jelly Bean ROM (I Hope)