New To Rooting....

Photoshopper

Feb 11, 2012
Visit site
Hey everybody, I am new to rooting and this site.
I was just wondering if anybody would be willing to AIM with me so we can do a step by step on how i would go about rooting my Thunderbolt.
I also want to get ROMS and what not on their aswell

My AIM is: exclusivewinner

hit me up if your willing to help a bro out!

thanks in advance everybody.

pingplayer01

Sep 28, 2011
Visit site
And if it helps, i have 2.11.605.9 and i don't want any data erased. I also don't want my planned to get screwed up from rooting it.

Well in order to flash a ROM you will have to factory reset, but it won't affect your sd card. You will also have to downgrade because Revolutionary does not support the lastest OTA update, which will also factory reset. Refer to this thread on how to downgrade and then root:
http://forums.androidcentral.com/th...ow-root-unroot-thunderbolt-revolutionary.html

The last few pages explain what to do.

Reactions: Photoshopper

Photoshopper

Feb 11, 2012
Visit site
Well in order to flash a ROM you will have to factory reset, but it won't affect your sd card. You will also have to downgrade because Revolutionary does not support the lastest OTA update, which will also factory reset. Refer to this thread on how to downgrade and then root:
http://forums.androidcentral.com/th...ow-root-unroot-thunderbolt-revolutionary.html

The last few pages explain what to do.
ok, i have done everything and i downloaded the Cyanogenmod from ROM manager and now i have a problem.
My connection is onl at 1X and will not change. I flashed the gapps files and it will go into wifi mode. I just want it to be able and go to 3g/4g and it won't though. please help me with this issue now. I will appreciate it.

a22shady

Dec 17, 2011
Visit site
I would google your problem with that Rom and see is anyone else has had some situation and hopefully there will be a simple fix. I personally have not used that Rom. Actually I ran the stock Tbolt Rom just rooted for some time. And recently my phone was acting up so I decided to install a New Rom and I used G3D (Gingeritis 3D) and it works awesome so far. Everything is working properly.

I had an issue with the call bug which has only happened one time an since Reboot no issue's in over a week. I also downloaded the total call control incase it happens again Ill be able to fix it. but the most important thing I did was read through countless post's to see issu'es others were having so new what to be prepared for. Also with this one the myverizon still works as does NFL.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kirk781